Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:11:04 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]  (Read 447662 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 05:37:10 pm »

Quote from: jst65

Have you already checked Amanita previous games, Samorost 1 & 2?

Quote from: linus

No, I have not, I'll try those. thx Smiley

There are video walkthroughs of Samorost 1.  Have a look at some before you tell your daughters about it.  I say this because there has been some discussion here on the forum of the appropriateness of showing a hookah smoker to children.  

(FWIW, personally I think that attitude underestimates the intelligence of kids, I mean you could always just tell them about the "Hookah Bar" scene and save talking about cannabis, etc. for another time)    Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:55:17 am by Alex » Logged
linus
little robot

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 10:59:17 pm »

oh, they already played Samorost 1 & 2 and the Hookah smoker passed totally unnoticed. They really liked them.
The only thing that raised some concern was supposedly(?) a witch that peaked her head out of a hole from time to time.
I guess the smoker falls somewhat out of context graphically, and that may raise the question of subject rather than object?

It was very kind and thoughtful of you to give me a head up, and as a parent I'm grateful for the original, creative and joyful stories they are.
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 11:25:09 pm »

The only thing that raised some concern was supposedly(?) a witch that peaked her head out of a hole from time to time.
Where was this?
I never notice these things, there always has to be someone to point them out...
linus
little robot

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 12:08:05 am »

that would be in the scene with the spiders and the pipe that broke, they said it was a witch(?) in the hole, that peaked out when they poked at the rabbits hanging in the roots(?)
I'm in doubt. I don't know what it was.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:38 am »

Quote from: linus

...in the scene with the spiders and the pipe that broke, they said it was a witch(?) in the hole, that peaked out when they poked at the rabbits hanging in the roots(?)  I'm in doubt. I don't know what it was.

Kids are *so* cool!   Grin

The level they were referring to is called "SOPOUCH" (you can directly go there by entering that word in the "Load Level" option on the far left of the Samorost 2 menu bar)

ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 04:23:46 am »

Hey linus, have you played Amanita Design's "Questionaut" with your daughters yet (or are they too young for that one)?

jonnytracker
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 03:29:11 pm »

I believe version 2 is coming soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!v   
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 11:22:49 am »

The free-to-play Questionaut was very nice - I raced it to the end with my friend Tongue

I LOVE Amanita's surreal artwork. The locations in their games are the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen.

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
linus
little robot

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 02:30:21 pm »

Hey linus, have you played Amanita Design's "Questionaut" with your daughters yet (or are they too young for that one)?

They loved playing it, but I guess they're a bit young for the questions? perhaps more for 9-11 years old?
We went up 6:00 this morning so they could finish the last parts of the game.

I must say one thing, those two guys chopping text from a machine, that was beautiful!!!

I pulled the RSS from the blog, so I can keep track of any new updates, and hopefully some day, machinarium 2. Smiley
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2010, 12:15:50 pm »

I sure hope so!!

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
jst65
space invader

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2010, 09:49:52 pm »

Hmm, not too soon. The wait is rewarding (or something like that, sorry I'm italian Smiley )
sylvana
little robot

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 09:30:06 am »

Hi...I'm just registering this forum...when i goggling machinarium 2..i had read all post

but anyway thx for the great game...i've played machinarium and samorost...those are great game but i preferred machinarium for the graphic ...i have played it with all my friends..i even race with them..hehe..anyway i'm looking forward for machinarium 2
hope Amanita crate better sequels and puzzles..what about including "A Time Machine" so their journey gonna long...hehe

can i get quetionaut site??haven't play it before...

thx
sorry for my bad english
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 02:01:26 pm »

When a word is blue, for examplethen that word is usually a link, hopefully to the right place.
sylvana
little robot

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 08:55:03 am »

yup thx anyway
Lucid
little robot

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 03:10:18 pm »

Hi,

I'm sure you get a lot of these but I thought I'd write this anyway.
Machinarium was one of the best games I have played of resent times, aesthetically and audibly beautiful.
The reason for this message is that I have an Idea for a sequel to Machinarium.
Somebody on the forum had mentioned that Machinarium 1 had focused very much on metal, which is suiting. They had said maybe a more natural scene might be nice.

Quoting Wren: “Actually, while the first Machinarium has a very industrial, very "metallic" theme, the second should focus on an organic, natural theme.

As in, green forests and woodland etc. maybe with some organic creatures even, and that is kind of hinted at in the final sequence of Machinarium after all, and with Amanita's art, that could be turn out to be something even more beautiful than the first game.”

Having quoted that, we don't want to turn this into Samorost Tongue. Natural without going all it. Metal trees ect.

Here goes...
After the boy bot and girl bot’s helicopter fails and they are rescued by the two little flying robots (who caused the crash, ha) they are dropped through a layer of cloud down towards small sandy area below a giant cliff. Isolated by the enormous walls surrounding it (see my fantastic rendition of this attached). The place is covered in old stone and metal villages covered in plants but still inhabited by quirky robots bent on riddles and games.

We find the Black Cap Brotherhood back in the city looking morbid and covered in rust from being in the water so long. Fighting with each other over who gets to use the oil on their joints only to find it does nothing. Not even the sun flour oil they tried after they had raided the green house, having punched all the seeds off the flower and kicked in the seed grinder in rage.

They visit the oracle like bot in the tall tower (the one who’s head you played shootums in), and threaten him with death if he doesn’t help them. The oracle tells them they should try dry lubricant such as carbon or graphite. He explains to them that they must burn down metal until it breaks down into carbon and to use the power on their joints. The idea being this will take the Brotherhood a long time to complete, giving the oracle sufficient time to escape (blasting off through the ceiling? Ha-ha woosh) and even if they did manage, carbon is a terrible lubricant only good for key holes... leaving the Brotherhood to rust tight before they could try anything else.
But this goes wrong. Upon explaining the process to the Brotherhood, they get the idea into their heads that they should hunt down the boy bot and girl bot and burn them down instead for fun and revenge.

One pops his head out the door and sees that the helicopter is missing (flashing lines in the shape of the can flyer) and tells the others.
They steal a police vehicle and travel across the short distance of desert to a beach, where they rip out the primitive tracking device all police vehicles have (which they were using to find the other two robots) and commandeer a small boat off a fisher-bot and use it to locate the fallen police chopper the robot couple stole at the end of the last game, finding it in ruins near to where the two robots were dropped off.

The aim of the game being to find a way off of the island and leave the Brotherhood to rust once you have stolen their boat all while finding treasure and being totally oblivious to the fact that the Brotherhood are steps behind you all the way, foiling their every trap by accident. People like Machinarium partly for its cuteness.

When the game ends, you see the two little bots looking back towards the Machinarium city, knowing they could be quite happy there now since they are rich and the Brotherhood is no more (realizing their fate upon finding them...) and also looking to the horizon thinking of discovery and adventure.

Credits

The Black Cap Brotherhood frozen with rust standing on the beach where they left the boat while children make sand castles around them. Also a touristy spot hence the children but very few and only the occasional ferry to collect them. Might give the little bots a chance to steal some wallets.

End.

I only ask for a shout out in the credits as assistant to writer of sorts if you like my idea.

**Imageshack http://yfrog.com/5ycliffsj **

Hope all is going well with the games release Cheesy

Kind regards.

Chris.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: