Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:08:34 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium Comments  (Read 10491 times)
H2Thyratron
little robot

« on: November 14, 2009, 12:26:09 am »

Just completed Machinarium and I have to say it has to been one of the most beautiful games I've ever played!
The artwork is just that .. art. Stunningly gorgeous! I often found myself stopping gameplay to admire the artwork.
The animation throughout is also just seamless and incredibly well done. Adorable characters.
And the music .. oh, it is so exquisite. The music complements the game so perfectly, I just can't envision a better accompanyment.

If I have to criticise, it would be the game is too darn short Wink I didn't want it to end.

You simply MUST make another. Sheer brilliance! I have never seen anything like it. Well done and thanks. Worth every dollar.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:45:24 pm by H2Thyratron » Logged
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:19:14 am »

I'm gonna reply to this rather than make a new thread...

I have a comment, after playing it again a nice feature to include if another is to be made is what about making the surounding scene out of focus slightly when you're manipulating a handle/button puzzle. You know, just a simple blur effect on the background scene. (see attachment for example)

I remember the puzzle for the sucking air thing (this with the lady blowing a whistle), for whatever reason I just didn't notice there was that reset handle on the lefthand side. Probably didn't happen to anyone else lol..

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:08:52 pm by ABoretz » Logged
KF4TVi
little rusty robot

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 10:02:24 pm »

I agree, this game is great. The artwork alone is worth the $20. If you enjoy this game as much as I did, you will realize that no matter how long they make the next installment, it will not be long enough! You will enjoy it more if you try and avoid using the cheat book Wink I would like to see them make modules or plugins that will extend the game. Maybe they could be only $9.99 and start off where this one ends...maybe they have to land for more oil...the game could go on for infinity! I Love this Game!

Thank You For A GREAT Game.

Herb
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:07:53 pm »

If I have to criticise, it would be the game is too darn short Wink I didn't want it to end.
The same.
It's not often that happens.
animator
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »

I am not generally forum-goer but in this case I just could not skip to register here and say THANK YOU. You guys did great job! The game is amazing!

Yesterday me and my wife played this masterpiece. When we entered new locations in the game we kept producing "wow"-sounds. Characters are so hilarious. Every action is lovingly animated. Art is eye-candy. Even in-game walk-through with all this pseudo-text and figures is pleasure to study. So much fun for just 400 rubles.

Please keep working on! Look forward for your new games.
bigguns
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 06:01:12 am »

My favorite game of the year. stunningly beautiful, and the puzzles were great. fantastic game. ive not met with so much pleasure from playing a computer game in a long time

thanks to everyone who contributed to this, please make another!

bigguns
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: