Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:24 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam issues and suggestions.  (Read 9588 times)
mikboy
little robot

« on: October 17, 2009, 10:09:36 pm »

First, sorry for my poor English......It's not my first language.

I've pre-ordered Machinarium, and it has been unlocked. (and I passed the game Cheesy)
Hers is my Steam Community page: Link.

As you can see, Machinarium has appeared in "Gameplay Stats" sector, but the icon image is broken.

Here is my Steam Game List: Link.

Where is Machinarium? I have no idea. :/

I guess Amanita Design didn't upload those images on their Steamworks......please, I hope you guys will fix it. Smiley

About suggestions:
I think Steam Achievements is a good idea, it can make players to explore this game deeply before/after they pass the game, such like the game center's No.3 arcade machine, pass the game without using the walkthrough books and hints, defuse the bomb in the last second etc. (I hope the Steamworks API can compatible with a Flash game.)
Steamworks also allow publisher to create a official group. You can use that to announce your news and receive players comments! Please create a Machinarium's official group!

And Last......unfortunately players who pre-ordered through can not get their soundtrack through Steam. :/ (I know it is still possible to get it if we buy it separated.)

Since you use Steamworks to distribute your game, I think there is no obstacle to fix those issues. (Steam can directly update the game.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:17:00 am by mikboy » Logged
mikboy
little robot

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 12:09:21 am »

I forgot another one issue...on the Game list (Game Tab), Machinarium doesn't show the developer......

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:17:16 am by mikboy » Logged
Viking
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:12:19 pm »

As far as I can tell all the above are now fixed apart from missing Developer link but I have noticed one other problem as well, which I've mentioned in the Steam forums.

When you go to your Game List on the Steam web page and click on the Machinarium icon they have got the wrong Steam ID for Machinarium (40700 instead of 40709) so instead of taking you to the Machinarium page on Steam, it just goes to the main Steam page.

It's only a small annoyance but any idea how this can get fixed?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: