Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:26:03 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium on Vinyl?  (Read 182738 times)
Frost82
noble citizen robot

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 05:13:32 pm »

I was just wondering, since the game will be released on disc in English and it includes the soundtrack + 5 bonus tracks.

These bonus tracks aren't on the vinyl are they?

Anyway will any of these bonus tracks feature the music from "the band", "the wrench-robot with the radio" and the music played where "the angry fan" is?

Because I really love those too! Cheesy Fantastic music, fantastic game!

Preordered the vinyl of course and will definetly buy the game on disc in march.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 07:19:16 pm »

I was just wondering, since the game will be released on disc in English and it includes the soundtrack + 5 bonus tracks.
These bonus tracks aren't on the vinyl are they?

You can check out the tracklist here.

Frost82
noble citizen robot

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 08:26:40 pm »

Guess that's a no then Wink Already checked that tracklist so it seems it will be the same tracks as the downloadable soundtrack I got with the game.

Found the "missing" tracks through another thread though! Cheesy Just love the one with the "Outside Elevator"! Interesting to hear the versions that plays IN the game too. Even in most of them are meant to be looped.

I'm curious if the bonus tracks on the real CD will get the soundtrack treatment aswell. That is not looped and some with a bit more rhythm Smiley

Frost82
noble citizen robot

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 05:38:20 pm »

Just noticed something in the track order on the vinyl. Has anyone else noticed this?
Because it's a bit different from the downloaded soundtrack order.

1. The Bottom (5:30)
2. The Sea (3:54)
3. Clockwise Operetta (3:54)
4. Nanorobot Tune (3:07)
5. The Mezzanine (2:15)
6. By The Wall (5:04)            <------------------- By the Wall?
7. Mr. Handagote (3:17)
8. Gameboy Tune (4:37)
9. The Furnace (2:58)
10. The Black Cap Brotherhood Theme (1:50)
11. The Prison (2:34)
12. The Glasshouse With Butterfly (3:36)
13. The Castle (3:37)
14. The Elevator (3:20)
                                        <--------------------No The End (Prague Radio)?

http://www.minorityrecords.com/releases/min25/details/

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:58:05 pm by Frost82 » Logged
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:51 am »

By The Wall is a bonus track from the free bonus EP. A really good track that I was suprised was left off the original soundtrack.

I noticed that technically there is more music here than can 'comfortablly' fit on 2 sides of vinyl ... unles this is a double it looks like they're squeezing about 27 mins on each side Undecided
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 12:32:52 pm »

hi, we have been squeezing the vinyl to the maximum, but definitively not on the expense of the quality!!!

that's why we put away the "radio song" and shortened the elevator song (there are not these sounds in the tail of the song).
i put the wall song there because i somehow had feeling it could work there... and there was still space for it. it has something to do with the A, B side for me also....

as for the digital download.
in any way you don't miss any of the mentioned songs, either you get it with the game or with the free bonus EP.
http://machinarium.net/blog/2009/11/22/free-machinarium-soundtrack-bonus-ep/
you also get full package of the music as the part of the vinyl order (the download password is inside of the cover) in mp3 or flac.

the vinyl was pressed (vinyl mastered) in hi quality company in Germany (as i have already mentioned eg. ECM uses their facilities to print their titles), this process (transferring the master to the vinyl record) is very important to achieve the good quality of sound of course so we have been carefully choosing the company for it. btw. we have been also remastering the whole soundtrack because there are different needs for such records. (for example the bass frequencies have to be mono, the hi-end works also different then cd).

i have been already checking the test press and everything sounds good! the speed is of course 33rpm as it is LP.

hope it clarifies everything!

all the best

tomas
Frost82
noble citizen robot

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 05:07:04 pm »

Thanks for the clarification of everything Tomas! Smiley

I'm really happy that By The Wall is on the vinyl because it's one of the most beautiful tracks in machinarium.

It's nice to see that you've really put an effort in making the vinyl really good quality. Much appreciated! Cheesy

I am so very much looking forward to listening to it when I get my copy! Smiley

Thank you for making such wonderful music to such a wonderful game!

Machinarium is really a great piece of art!
jst65
space invader

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 10:46:30 pm »

Hmm, looks like it's been delayed - "out February 27th".

BTW, I haven't find any detail on shipment method.
I am going to ask them via e-mail, does anyone know something more?
kohiba99
citizen robot

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2010, 12:51:44 am »

Well, considering the normal shipping cost i guess it will be with the normal posting method.Not private courrier etc..
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2010, 05:20:03 am »

hi, we have been squeezing the vinyl to the maximum, but definitively not on the expense of the quality!!!

that's why we put away the "radio song" and shortened the elevator song (there are not these sounds in the tail of the song).

Ahh ok then, didnt see that. Yeah that's good you're keeping quality in mind.

Also very interesting about the low frequencies having to be in mono. I've just started to study audio/sound engineering so i'll have to ask my teachers about this.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:42 am »

I've been wondering if something I read on the Amanita Blog was true regarding the Yellow vs. Black vinyl prints of the LP...
Someone on the blog wrote that "Black vinyl generally sounds better."

Is this true?  (and does it, ultimately, really matter??)  Huh

Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2010, 08:26:53 am »

To extreme audiophiles, yeah it probably matters, but really I don't know. They say coloured vinyl generates more surface noise than black, and picture vinyl is even worse. (this I can attest to!).
kohiba99
citizen robot

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2010, 07:51:52 pm »

Αnyone who is intrested, i'm looking for the "bad" yellow one!  Grin
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2010, 09:49:35 pm »

It might be that they cut the LP then colour it yellow afterwards. I'm pretty sure this is what they do with normal picture vinyls.
jst65
space invader

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 11:14:50 pm »

It might be that they cut the LP then colour it yellow afterwards.
Vinyl itself is not colored, plastic is almost transparent... Usually they mix color (instead of carbon black) to pvc before pressing the record.
I am pretty sure the clear yellow record is semi-translucent Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: