Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:08:25 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium on Vinyl?  (Read 182677 times)
k0SH
little robot

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 07:21:09 pm »

HOLY POTATO !!!

i WANT one FOR SURE !!!
k0SH
little robot

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 07:09:33 pm »

Hello,

Machinarium Soundtrack on 12″LP (clear yellow & black vinyl) can be pre-ordered now at Minority Records website (http://www.minorityrecords.com) and ships on February 20th.
As already announced elsewhere, each copy is signed by Tomas Dvorak himself, contains three art reproductions by Adolf Lachman, and includes digital download coupon for both MP3 (320 kbps/44.1 kHz) and FLAC download. Thanks for your support!

PRE-ORDERED !!!
µigh voltage
little robot

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 03:12:11 am »

hi!

thanks for the good game! Also always used to play the other "older" stuff...was facinated by it when I tryed that game the first time : )

well, my question is: how many copies of the machinarium vinyl (will) exist? are they limited for sure (!?) or does it depend on how many people want one??

Cheers peeps
respect to the founders of the game : D

µigh voltage
bombjack
citizen robot

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 04:42:11 am »

hi mr. or mrs. voltage!

AFAIK there are 555 copies, 405 on black, regular vinyl and 150 on yellow coloured vinyl. more info at: http://www.minorityrecords.com/releases/min25/details/

got mine, can't wait!  Cool
Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 12:02:41 pm »

Yeah me too, any idea as to when they'll be shipped?
bombjack
citizen robot

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 04:57:55 pm »

Dan from minorityrecords sent me a mail telling me that it'll be sent on 20th february, the day it pops out Smiley
Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 10:39:58 pm »

Thanks Smiley
Orange Goblin
little rusty robot

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 10:55:41 pm »

As vinyl is an uncompressed format by nature, you'll have what you seek. And plus, you'll win texture. However, you can easily hear the difference between a mp3 and a CD, but it becomes pretty difficult when it comes to digital dematerialized formats, and the reason is translation. Because if you're not pro, you can't burn it right (real music CD are pressed, not burned, burning is full of errors), your computer, even with great sound cards, is not designed for playback, only for making and monitoring (except maybe some really rare cases, but the main reason is the presence of a complex OS in the process, it ca't be good for neutrality). And Digital to Analog Converters are for now difficult things to find, and a dark market. That's why I'm CD only for music (but I use iTunes for songs ^^).
So yeah, a lossless would be a good idea, even if right now it's not really exploitable. Still, mp3 is not a very good quality format... and if your computer have a decent audio output, and you have $100+ headphones, you'll hear a difference. Or at least, be able to. Many people can hear things but don't pay attention to.

As for the vinyl, if I wasn't on the go for a huge trip, I would buy it. Warmth of this media is soooo good. I hope you'll use an incredible art for the cover, full of rust. Like in the old days Smiley

1. CD-R burning have CRC, it's bit-perfect (if you want it to be, and you've mastered the track for the CD). Going from CD to FLAC to CD again I haven't got any experience with, but I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to find any audible problems. And, lets be honest, MP3's, if high enough bitrate has been used, is just fine for listening. Although, in a perfect world, everyone uses FLAC.
2. PC's can be made for playback. Just like any other studio gear out there. The OS doesn't enter into it. PCM isn't all that hard, and it's done through drivers like ASIO. How can a PC not be made for playback, if you're using the exact same AD/DA used to record the original instruments? A good DA is not at all hard to find. Get a Apogee Rosetta if you think it will make a difference. DA isn't much of a problem these days anyways, I'm sure most people couldn't hear the difference between a M-Audio, a RMI and an Apogee card.

But, yeah, if the song is made, mixed and mastered for the vinyl, it's quite something. But then again, you can get that uncompressed feel with artists who aren't a part of the mainstream loudness war regardless of medium. Can't get quite the feel of vinyl in any case, though. Together with uncompressed digital, it's the perfect format. A superiour physical medium, and also a warm and brilliant sound. Hopefully the CD will die a silent death, and we'll all be buying vinyl with a memory stick with uncompressed tracks as a bonus.
remover
little robot

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »

If you're going for vinyl because of its sound could there be a cassette release too? It has its own unique distortions as it warps, something I really like.

That's why I'm CD only for music (but I use iTunes for songs ^^).

Score!  Grin

I think the point of the vinyl is for it's perfection, not imperfection. But I too enjoy the qualities you're talking about with certain types of music.
kohiba99
citizen robot

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 10:22:06 pm »

Hello!I'm a HUGE fan of Machinarium and unforunately i missed the preorder announcement for the lp.  Cry
So, is there anyone who can help me find the yellow lp? Please,I really really want this !
Machinarium rules! Cheesy
Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:59 pm »

Is it sold out already?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 12:02:43 am »

Is it sold out already?

The clear Yellow vinyl is, but the Black vinyl is still in stock.

kohiba99
citizen robot

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 12:06:11 am »

Yes,in a just a few days! Shocked
Hey amanita guys,you should have send us an info mail to us who bought the game! Tongue
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 10:15:16 am »

halo,

thank you very much for all of your support!!!
we are really happy and thankful for your interest in the release.
i have been just yesterday signing all 550 peaces {huh  Shocked} and the cover looks really nice.
i am especially happy with the graphical prints. as you already know there are free 3 graphical peaces included inside of the cover which you can for example hang on the wall as picture.

moreover i have already listened to  the test press of the vinyl and seems everything sound really fine Cheesy
we are anticipating the shipping of the vinyls from the press plant around the next week!

all the best!

tomas

* eldo.JPG (74.17 KB, 700x525 - viewed 1824 times.)
Frits
noble citizen robot

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 02:03:44 pm »

So I was just in time Cheesy Hihi. Ok, no, sorry, I wouldn't know where to get them except from someone on here but I think most people will want to keep it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: