Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:32:00 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread  (Read 385821 times)
Harry
little robot

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 05:30:46 pm »

Well, at any rate - Mac Compatible or not Smiley - it's still an awesome version of the game.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 05:41:33 pm »

Oh, I'm sure it is, but again, it would appear that Mamba has messed up big time, so that's not good. Mac users, in general, will not be amused.
But, like I said, I'm sure they'll straighten things out eventually; I'm sure they'll willingly send out a replacement disc.

Edit: By the way, Harry, where did you order your copy from? 'Cause I suppose it's possible that only one retailer has this issue. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:38:09 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Harry
little robot

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 09:45:17 pm »

By the way, Harry, where did you order your copy from?
I ordered mine from Amazon. £13 - bargain!
Frost82
noble citizen robot

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »

By the way, Harry, where did you order your copy from?
I ordered mine from Amazon. £13 - bargain!

So did I, but haven't gotten mine yet. Nice price.
Akujiki
little robot

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 01:13:40 am »

I have recently purchased a boxed copy of Machinarium and it clearly states on the box that it is MACDVD compatible, even displaying the minimum system requirements for the Mac on the back of the box. The Game DVD does not contain any Mac related files, only an exe installer. Am I missing something or is the game not Mac compatible contrary to the packaging?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 03:05:08 am »

Assuming it's from Mamba games, I'd e-mail Jason at jason@mamba-games.com and ask him your question. I say the more Mac users who e-mail the guy, the quicker this'll get straightened out.
Akujiki
little robot

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 12:13:55 pm »

Cheers!
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »

that's strange. did you try the DVD on Mac? there should be 2 partitions so you won't see any Mac files on PC. I already contacted Mamba and asked if it's ok or not. I hope they let me know soon. btw. I haven't received DVDs yet so I can't try it myself.
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 01:59:39 pm »

Hi, I received my copy in the post yesterday and am, unfortunately, having some problems.

The game worked fine on my PC at work, however, there doesn't seem to be a Mac version there (after trying it on my iMac at home).

Is there no Mac version on the disc? Perhaps I misunderstood...

that's strange. did you really try the DVD on Mac? there should be 2 partitions so you won't see any Mac files on PC. I already contacted Mamba and asked if it's ok or not. I hope they let me know soon. btw. I haven't received DVDs yet so I can't try it myself.
Akujiki
little robot

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 02:07:31 pm »

Attached is an image of Disk Utility, showing the DVD info and the Finder window containing the files. The two folders contain the game's music in mp3 and flac formats.

The fact that the DVD is just called My Disc, worries me somewhat, perhaps it's just a dud copy?
jst65
space invader

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 07:33:38 pm »

I pre-ordered mine from play.com

Box image on their site has Mamba logo on it (and "macdvd compatible", whatever it means).
I could not find any mail contact, I think it will have the same mac compatibility issue.
I have just canceled the order since I won't be able to return it after a certain time (i.e. if and when the issue gets fixed).
What a pity Sad

Mr Jason Codd posted a half-message here on 27 Dec 2009, hope we will hear from him again.

EDIT: Oh, and Mamba site is still down. I've found these on "develop magazine" site:
For all UK sales enquiries please contact glenn@lm-global.net
For all European sales enquires contact: thomas.ormond@lm-global.net
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:17:36 pm by jst65 » Logged
Oldes
citizen robot

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 09:34:51 pm »

Attached is an image of Disk Utility, showing the DVD info and the Finder window containing the files. The two folders contain the game's music in mp3 and flac formats.

The DVD should be dual hybrid dvd. The content which you see is the PC part, which should not be visible on the MAC.

jst65
space invader

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 10:09:15 pm »

Why don't we just stick to the "Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread" ?
Mod Comment: done   Smiley

BTW Harry stated he tried it on a iMac but no joy.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:27:18 pm by ABoretz » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 10:21:46 pm »

Box image on their site has Mamba logo on it (and "macdvd compatible", whatever it means).
To me, it unequivocally means that the product is Mac-compatible. I don't mean to sound rude, but I fail to see what else it could possibly mean?

I'd pre-ordered mine from Mamba's site, and although I have little doubt that my copy will have the same issue, I have no plans to cancel my order. My guess is that Mamba will provide any and all dissatisfied Mac users with a replacement CD (or a new box altogether) free of charge.

And I'd asked Jason in two separate e-mails to verify whether or not his product was Mac-compatible, but he'd never addressed my question.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:29:44 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2010, 10:27:20 pm »

The content which you see is the PC part, which should not be visible on the MAC.
Hmm...
Yeah, the German boxed version of Machinarium contains a hybrid disc that shows no .exe installer when I open it while running OS X on my iMac, so I'm not sure what Mamba has done here. 'Tis quite odd.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:19:23 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: