Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:06:08 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread  (Read 385767 times)
Gizmo 76
little rusty robot

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 12:16:33 am »

I've arrived at this forum due to the no-mac-version problem..... My copy arrived friday from shopto.net (under £11  Grin ), and I was also disappointed to find no Mac copy of the game on the disc like advertised  Cry

Hopefully they'll come up with a system where we send them our proof of purchase and they give a link to download the full mac version.... was really looking forward to playing this over the weekend...
Harry
little robot

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2010, 12:52:48 am »

that's strange. did you really try the DVD on Mac? there should be 2 partitions so you won't see any Mac files on PC.

That is what I assumed, but alas, there is no Mac partition (and yes, I did try it on a Mac) - the PC version still works fine.
Harry
little robot

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 12:54:32 am »

Hopefully they'll come up with a system where we send them our proof of purchase and they give a link to download the full mac version.

That is what I am hoping too. I'd be quite happy to download the Mac version - don't expect them to replace the disc.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 01:18:15 am »

I'd be quite happy to download the Mac version - don't expect them to replace the disc.
I'm fully expecting that Mamba will either offer to replace the disc itself, or offer to replace the entire box, for free. I'd ordered the DVD from Mamba so that I could own a physical copy of the game, so I won't be happy with merely a downloadable copy. =o(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:53:17 am by Lamkin » Logged
jst65
space invader

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 10:07:28 am »

Lamkin, your boxed German version is not the collectors edition yet, right? And it works on your Mac, right?

My guess: Game is for PC. "Mac dvd compatible" (with specs) means that on your Mac you will be able to read the dvd and copy the OST folders with hi-res PDF covers.

Actually I already own the game in all its digital versions and the OST (2 digital copies and a vynil record) Smiley .

I was interested in the printed stuff (mainly the concept art booklet)

I wonder if guys at Amanita have something to say about all this.

EDIT: THANKYOU Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:57:37 am by jst65 » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 10:31:40 am »

My guess: Game is for PC. "Mac dvd compatible" (with specs) means that on your Mac you will be able to read the dvd and copy the OST folders with hi-res PDF covers.
I dunno. I (respectfully) disagree. =op I think that "Mac-compatible" means that the game works on the Mac. Period. And you'd mentioned the specs. I'm assuming those requirements are identical to Amanita's stated minimum requirements which are needed to run the game on a Mac. Why else would they be listed on the back of the box?
I'd also like to know if any of the printed material mentions anything anywhere about installing the game on a Mac. Can anyone answer that?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:46:21 am by Lamkin » Logged
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2010, 10:44:10 am »

hi everybody,
firstly I'm sorry that the Mac version isn't on the DVD. there should be 2 partitions (PC+Mac), but Mamba screw it up unfortunately Angry
please contact Mamba if you own the DVD and need Mac version, they should send you another disc. I hope they will be swift.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2010, 10:52:16 am »

Aha! Thanks so much for the response, Jakub. =o)

Akujiki
little robot

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2010, 11:06:38 am »

Cheers guys, I've emailed Jason at Mamba, the website appears to be down though.
mambag
citizen robot

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2010, 11:09:17 am »

Dear All,

Jason from Mamba Games here, we have spent the weekend looking through everything and there is an issue with the compatibility of the MAC version. Now, what we are going to do is provide you with a separate MAC disc version and send these direct to you. Our tech today will create a dedicated email account which we will provide later today and all customers that require please can you send through your details, Proof of Purchase and we will get these over to you asap. With the help of the developers we hope to start production on the version in the next 2 days.

Once again we apologize for this and we will aim to rectify right away.

Regards,
Jason
mambag
citizen robot

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2010, 11:37:01 am »

Hi All,

Please forward all required information to the following email address:

machinarium@mamba-games.com

Please include:

Proof of Purchase (or order number for your vendor)
Address to where the disc is to be delivered to,

We will then update you shortly when to expect the MAC version on disc.

Regards.
Jason
Predseda
noble citizen robot

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 11:39:27 am »

Please, fix your website asap.
mambag
citizen robot

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 03:18:03 pm »

Hi All,

The website is now up and running fine, our provider had an issue. Anyhow, all stock (we will issue FULL GOODS) will be sent on Monday (week today) so anyone who has any issues please email

machinarium@mamba-games.com and we will issue your new version Monday.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Jason
Wrenbot
captain robot

[ '-' ]

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 06:12:00 pm »

Congrats to everyone involved, including the players who got to experience the Machinarium magic, and Mr. Jason, please urge Amanita to put out a sequel soon! ^_^

YAY Samorost 3!!! Now just waiting for Machinarium 2!! ^^
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 06:10:30 am »

This thread is now Sticky.   :-)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: