Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:51:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread  (Read 386855 times)
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »

this is really sad Angry

please contact Mamba through this email: machinarium@mamba-games.com
or here: http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/contact-us-i-7.html
you can also write to their forum http://www.mamba-games.co.uk/forum/

and please don't buy English DVD version until it's definitely fixed. I'm sorry for all the troubles!
Viking
citizen robot

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2010, 11:27:28 pm »

Have sent a 'contact us' message via their website. Still no response to the email as yet.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2010, 11:54:34 pm »

Simply amazing. It's not like no company has ever created a hybrid CD or DVD before, eh? How difficult could it be? And the thing is, although I have a Mac and want the Mac installer, I plan on purchasing a new iMac soon that'll be able to run Windows as well as the Mac OS, so it'd be nice to have an .exe installer too. I think after all of this is finally straightened out, we'll each own about three or four boxes. =op
Viking
citizen robot

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2010, 09:29:08 am »

Got a response from the 'contact us' option. Basically, they should have a clearer picture of what's happened on Monday and will be in touch shortly about getting a new copy couriered out.
I haven't provided my address as yet but will do when they contact me again as I wasn't sure how to provided proof of purchase (bar a scan of the till receipt).
ukpetd
citizen robot

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 02:04:26 pm »

I'm UK based. I have a Machinarium Collector's edition which has only MAC files. I run a Windows machine. Any UK based players out there with a MAC who have the windows edition? It might be quicker to swap disks.
Verbal
little robot

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 08:13:03 pm »

Ok i'm havin the same problem, No pc files on the disc, have just emailed the link provided.

Just hope the response is quick seeing as i've had to drive into town twice, and pay for parking twice, and still can't play the game!!!
Verbal
little robot

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2010, 10:56:23 am »

Ok i've had a reply and there gonna get a copy sent out to me by Courier, Only sent the email last night so it's nice to see there keeping an eye on the problem.

Thx for the help and gl to everyone else
RedDanDoc
citizen robot

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2010, 09:33:41 pm »

well I havent had a reply yet.  Huh

are they retarded ?
Chronis
citizen robot

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2010, 01:43:36 am »

Yeah, I haven't heard anything from them either. At the very least, send an canned email to me and everyone else who hasn't had their game shipped yet to say "The original print run of the game is defective. We'll ship your order after everything is solved. Sorry for the inconvience and thank you for you patience." At least feign some professionalism. As it stands now, I don't even know if they know that I ordered from them.
mambag
citizen robot

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 09:06:53 am »

Morning Gentleman,

I am using Jasons account here. My name is Petro Vanezzia, and am a producer at Mamba Games, I also look after the "Machinarium e-mail" account. We were brought to the attention of this on Friday morning and obviously we are very angry about this, due to the fact that we did a days worth of testing on over 20 computers. I wanted to give you a full low down on the issue, so hopefully you can understand that this was none of our doing, and another mistake by our duplication house.

After we did the master testing we have to upload the ISO file of the game onto a large server, once this image file is uploaded to the server the duplication house then download manuall for checks and they provide results which test the files from download to the physical disc. The checks came out 100% clear and they progressed and checked the version on their CPUS also, which of course worked fine.

What it looks like and where the problem has generated, is that the files are then placed from server to the duplication server *where they burn the discs*  and this is done manually. It appears that the responsible person has been incompetant and not transferred all of the files and basically made a huge mistake which has resulted in this error.

I think its important that you guys know the situation. So, what the duplication house is doing is generating new discs and packages, I personally am going to the DH today to ensure that it is done properly and I am estimating a 3-5 day turnaround on stock, and then logistics will send you a new version out then so by the end of the week you should have the product.

Lastly, I do want to apologize for this to all involved and it's very very frustrating for us also, but unfortunatley this was out of our hands, needless to say we will not be using the same company again!

I know you have been discussing via Jason, but as head producer I think its imperitive that you have it from the horses mouth *as I disclose everything to Jason for him to discuss here* so this is the reality of this sad, sad situation.

I will keep you all up to speed throughout the week and progress been made.

Again, I want to apologize on behalf of us all. If you have any questions you can email me on the "Machinarium" e-mail address and of course I will give you a full heads up!

I wish you all a pleasant week and I will be in-touch very shortly. Please note also, I have tried to respond to as many e-mails as I can, so hopefully this will ease your mind.

My best Regards,

PV!
razputin
noble citizen robot

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2010, 11:52:52 am »

Thanks Petro for the update and full explanation.
williefenetre
little robot

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 08:17:22 pm »

Kudos for keeping us informed. And for the reminder that there are real human beings on the other end. In return, I am perfectly willing to wait until your problems are ironed out, and wish you good luck in the process. (from U.S.)
Paku
citizen robot

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 08:40:41 pm »

I got the collector's edition today, and thankfully it worked fine on my PC. Don't know if there are any Mac files on there but I don't really care.

Anyway, according to the back (and the promotional information) the music CD was supposed to have the soundtrack and the five bonus tracks, however when I checked it out it only has the soundtrack. Again not a huge deal since both are included as FLAC files on the game disc, but just wondering, was this another oversight? (Or perhaps just poor wording?)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:44:52 pm by Paku » Logged
Predseda
noble citizen robot

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2010, 11:46:57 am »

I am absolutelly scared  Shocked I ordered Machinarium in February, FORTUNATELLY (probably) I still haven't any and I still HOPE, I will finally get the correct DVD, with both PC and Mac sessions and with CD, including ALL promised tracks!
razputin
noble citizen robot

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2010, 11:54:59 am »

Don't worry, I get the feeling that Jason and Jamba Games will stand behind their products and make sure you get the game you ordered in working condition. Have faith!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: