Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:52 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread  (Read 385776 times)
MogalBogal
little robot

« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2010, 07:57:46 pm »

Bought my copy from Amazon.co.uk and it has no .exe for windows, no way of running it. Should I be sending it back to Amazon or Mamba Games? I have emailed Mamba but havent recieved a response as yet.
jst65
space invader

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:13 pm »

You should read the thread.
MrFoxter
little robot

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2010, 09:49:20 pm »

The back side of the box says that there should be a Linux version on DVD, too. I have MAC-only version (second wave) and it is not there, so I hope that you won't forget to include Linux version alongside of Win and MAC versions to the final release Smiley
MogalBogal
little robot

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2010, 12:24:42 am »

Thanks,
I have read the thread it doesnt give any information about Amazon purchases.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2010, 04:43:10 am »

Quote from: MogalBogal

Bought my copy from Amazon.co.uk and it has no .exe for windows, no way of running it. Should I be sending it back to Amazon or Mamba Games? I have emailed Mamba but havent recieved a response as yet.

~and then~

I have read the thread it doesnt give any information about Amazon purchases.

I can understand that you're frustrated, MogalBogal.  But we're just the Machinarium fan forum here.  We're not Mamba!  You wrote directly to Mamba and that's the way to go.  So now just wait for them to get back to you.  

Look... they're obviously an honorable firm or this thread wouldn't even exist! (did you read through the thread as jst65 suggested?  you didn't did you??   Roll Eyes   Wink)  Hey, try not to worry so much...  think about the circumstance you've found yourself in... Mamba is major player in the game industry, they just had a *major* f*up happen due to their duplication house... their representative just stated on an open forum that they're going to honor eBAY purchase replacement disks... don't you think they'll honor your Amazon purchase as well??  Just wait a bit longer, Mamba will get back to you!

And please do let us know how things turn out.  (and not just disappear like so many former posters have)    Wink Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:48:01 am by ABoretz » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2010, 06:42:09 am »

And please do let us know how things turn out.  (and not just disappear like so many former posters have)    Wink Cheesy
Care to name names? =op
My guess is that the majority of those former posters (including myself) are still waiting patiently for a replacement copy—or, in some cases, any copy—to be shipped to them, so, consequently, they can't quite let you know how things have turned out because, um, nothing has turned out yet. ;o)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:23:37 am by Lamkin » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2010, 07:37:07 am »

My guess is that the majority of those former posters (including myself) are still waiting patiently for a replacement copy—or, in some cases, any copy—to be shipped to them, so, consequently, they can't quite let you know how things have turned out because, um, nothing has turned out yet. ;o)

And *my* guess is that were you and the rest of our friends that felt they were short changed in the past to write to Mamba anew... you'd find full satisfaction therein.   Cool

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2010, 03:48:30 pm »

I'm not sure why you are under the impression that people haven't been "writing to Mamba anew." (My last e-mail to them was on the 26th of March.) And I fail to see how e-mailing either Jason or Petro again now will have any effect whatsoever. So my point, again, is that there's really nothing to do but wait.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:04:40 pm by Lamkin » Logged
jst65
space invader

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2010, 04:29:45 pm »

stated on an open forum that they're going to honor eBAY purchase replacement disks... don't you think they'll honor your Amazon purchase as well?
This is what I meant Smiley
And please do let us know how things turn out.  (and not just disappear like so many former posters have)    Wink Cheesy
And this is always a good point in a forum - regardless of the topic Smiley
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2010, 05:11:23 am »

Quote from: Lamkin
I'm not sure why you are under the impression that people haven't been "writing to Mamba anew." (My last e-mail to them was on the 26th of March.) And I fail to see how e-mailing either Jason or Petro again now will have any effect whatsoever. So my point, again, is that there's really nothing to do but wait.

I guess this is a perfect example of that old joke, "When you 'assume' you make an 'ass' out of 'U' and 'Me'."   Grin

I'm just so used to people bitching and complaining on this forum without doing their due diligence before posting that I just lumped you into that crowd, Lamkin.  Sorry mate.
Anyway, I hope you hear back from Mamba soon. 

mambag
citizen robot

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2010, 09:45:29 am »

Morning guys!

Ok, as I am now the guy you can all contact I made a pact to my bosses that I will be on the forum most of the day answering your questions.

So, Good news! - A batch left yesterday - since I wanna be as helpful as I can - as you guys have been really great I must say and supportive - if you email me directly again I can check if your version has been included in the first batch or if it will go today/tomorrow - Please bear in mind I cannot answer EVERYONE within 2 minutes but I will try Smiley My fingers can only go so quickly!

Secondly - I have been trying to email as many as I can but I am also looking after another 8 games so I have to divide my time from that and also this so if you dont/havent received my anser today is the day to resdend me your email and I will do my utmost to answer you as quickly and accurate as possible, thats all I can do for the time been and I am sure you all understand

So, if you want to find out if your version has left email me directly and I will double check with the warehouse.....

Merci Smiley PV!

Predseda
noble citizen robot

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2010, 01:26:16 pm »

Just sent  Wink
Tepidbroth
little rusty robot

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2010, 02:00:48 pm »

I wish I'd seen this thread before I ordered the game from Amazon (UK) on Sunday.  My copy arrived today with no Windows .exe.  I hope the moron who compiled these discs gets fired.  I've sent Mamba an e-mail although I'm not sure what that will accomplish.  I guess I'll just have to buy (again) it from Steam.
Verbal
little robot

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »

Ok PV says Email him directly, is this on the original link? or is there another Email address?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2010, 07:11:58 pm »

I've sent Mamba an e-mail although I'm not sure what that will accomplish.
*sigh*
Quite simply, what it will accomplish is that you will get a replacement copy shipped to you free of charge.

Ok PV says Email him directly, is this on the original link? or is there another Email address?
Use the machinarium@mamba-games.com address.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:09:31 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: