Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:49 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread  (Read 385780 times)
jdriscol
little rusty robot

« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2010, 07:03:46 am »

Has there been any news at to when, if ever, Machinarium will be sold retail in the US?
williefenetre
little robot

« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2010, 08:52:28 pm »

Having not received replies to my requests sent to machinarium@mamba-games.com, I just sent the following email:

I have been patient and understanding up to now.  I’m sorry for your problems, but if you have indeed been left to deal with this alone (i.e., no support from  your "bosses, board, logistics, account, admin, marketing”), then it reflects badly on the company, not on you. The company is responsible for delivering their product and should provide whatever is needed to facilitate that.

This is one last try to see if my game has even been shipped (even tho you indicated in previous email that it had) and if not, when it will be shipped and how long it will take to get to the U.S.

If no response by tomorrow I will contact my credit card company to dispute the charges, and just look for the game somewhere else retail.

Email sent on April 20:

To: 'Tech Support Machinarium'
Subject: RE: Machinarium - status request
On April 6 your email (see below) indicated Machinarium “has already left,” and that it should be posted on my account shortly.
•   It is now April 20,
•   I have not received my game (PC version),
•   and there is no delivery notation on my account.
I expect and would appreciate a prompt reply, and if the game has NOT been shipped I would appreciate the courtesy of your sending it by expedited delivery. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:26:33 pm by williefenetre » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2010, 10:44:28 pm »

Has there been any news at to when, if ever, Machinarium will be sold retail in the US?

hi everybody interested in English boxed version,
we hope to publish some nice boxed special edition version in the future on our own probably, because it seems publishers (especially in US) are not interested in adventure games anymore.
That was the only response I've seen from anyone at Amanita regarding a U.S. retail release. So...I don't think it's gonna happen.
(Then again, jd had posted that comment a few months before Mamba announced it was going to publish the Collector's Edition in the UK, so who knows? Maybe the U.S. will follow suit.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:01:06 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Puddock
little robot

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:46 pm »

Hi everyone

Another irritated buyer finding this forum through desperation. Difficult to believe that the game is still being sold when the problems with the installation are well-known. I bought my copy of Machinarium at Game today thinking I was going to have a nice, gentle break from World of Warcraft...never mind  Roll Eyes

Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread going and keeping all us noobs informed as to what to do. I have now used the email address given and hope to get the replacement disc in the near future. The game looks absolutely gorgeous - can't wait to (eventually!) try it.

Puddock
Mishy
little robot

« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2010, 10:22:45 pm »

""hello
a new version has been despatched for you
br
mg""

6 days later and they're sending me the game. I was starting to get annoyed but they pulled through just in time. The email was a bit impersonal though.
ljharvey
little rusty robot

« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2010, 12:59:09 am »

I have received my copy for PC (ha ha) today.  It only contains Mac files although it says PC DVD-ROM on case.  So faulty dvds are still about.  I have sent email to mamba and am hoping I get a reply as I can't wait to play this game!!
Jusdoit
little robot

« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2010, 02:44:22 am »

Well I wrote on the 19th April and have had neither reply nor replacement. I have written today to give them 7 more days, after that I take it back to GAME for a refund. Customer Service ? you gotta be jokin'  Angry
newdrone
little robot

« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2010, 03:50:54 am »

Just be way of comparison I wrote to Mamba on the 26th of April and received a reply from Mr. PV on the 30th - which is pretty fast given the numbers that must be involved. As it's a Bank Holiday in the U.K. I'm hoping the game will arrive sometime during the week. Why some are left waiting longer than others is a mystery but it could be something to do with the country the person is from. Didn't one of the regular contributors say that Machinarium originated in Hungary?
jst65
space invader

« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2010, 11:44:43 am »

Czech. Mamba in UK based, afaik
Jusdoit
little robot

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2010, 01:48:12 am »

I'm from the UK too , so that theory is out of the window. It's just shoddy and hit-and-miss IMHO.
grendell
little robot

« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2010, 07:09:18 am »

Wow!  I had completely forgotten about this!
I ordered two copies of the Collector's Edition from mamba-games.co.uk on February 2, 2010 (according to my account there).
The order has not been updated since.  Good grief!   Huh
Chronis
citizen robot

« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2010, 06:11:38 am »

My 2 cents:

If it puts you guys to ease at all, I recieved my fixed (and only) copy about 2 weeks ago, after having it preordered since the beginning of February, but never recieved any confirmation that my email was recieved or that my game was shipped. My order page on Mamba still only lists that I paid for it, not that it ever shipped.

That said, if you guys emailed Petro, then you probably are on the waiting list to get a copy, whether it's your first or a replacement. I can't imagine Mamba is that big of a company and for this to blow up in their face must have them in severe damage control mode. If this was a big company like Capcom or Sony (which I've had problems with in the past with stuff not being sent in a timely fashion or at all), then all this hate would warranted. But for Mamba, I think just doing what you need to do and then waiting is all you can do. Even though I was guilty of it also, complaining here isn't going to make good copies of the game appear at your door any sooner. Though an outlet to voice your frustrations might make you feel better.
razputin
noble citizen robot

« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2010, 02:03:57 pm »

I agree with you Chronis about the size of Mamba Games, except that I also think that complaining here is actually a positive thing since it has actually generated a response from the Mamba Games where some us might have actually been lost between the cracks. And it also allows future potential customers of Mamba Games know what our purchasing experience has been like and how well Mamba handled it. If we all post a positive experience in the end (I am still waiting for my first copy!), others might consider purchasing from them as opposed from Amazon UK.
jst65
space invader

« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2010, 06:51:43 pm »

If we all post a positive experience in the end
THAT might be a useful contribution for other users.

I guess Chronis meant complaining="2 weeks and still nothing!", "no mail response!", etc which is kind of useless to me.

Jusdoit
little robot

« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42:12 am »

If we all post a positive experience in the end
THAT might be a useful contribution for other users.

I guess Chronis meant complaining="2 weeks and still nothing!", "no mail response!", etc which is kind of useless to me.

Big Kudos to Mamba my copy arrived today in pristine condition . Everyone's methodology of complaining is different but nonetheless individually valid, provided it is constructive . I think for the most part it has been on this thread. I don't understand what is useless about saying: "2 weeks and still nothing!", "no mail response!" if that's the position, what else can you say? All we want is what we paid for and a simple acknowledgement that your complaint has been logged would've gone a long way to curbing my whining. Bottom line, Mamba delivered and the game is magical. I have no doubt all of you still awaiting a parcel will get a replacement eventually. And , for once, the wait is well worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: