Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:54 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Mamba Games Retail Machinarium Thread  (Read 385811 times)
jst65
space invader

« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2010, 08:54:44 am »

provided it is constructive .
This.

And, I kind of envy who hasn't run the game yet Smiley
newdrone
little robot

« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2010, 11:11:17 pm »

Well done to Mr. PV at Mamba, I sent my one (& only) email off to him on the 26th of last month, got a response on the 30th to say that the game had been posted, and it arrives yesterday. I've started playing it and it's great fun. I've read some of the opinions over the last few days and I agree that there is no point having a go at Mamba for a colossal balls up that they had no hand in. However the sending out of replacements does appear to be very piecemeal but then I suppose they haven't had much practice of this (or ever expected to!). Having waded through some of the more predictable crud the larger players in the business pump out these days it's refreshing to see some innovation. Smaller outfits like Mamba who are coming up with fresh material should be supported otherwise we'll all end up "playing" stylish but repeditive offerings which are essentially regurgitations of once influential games, Well, that's my soapbox over with. Again thanks to PV for sending me a replacement.
Jusdoit
little robot

« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2010, 12:43:30 am »

Well done to Mr. PV at Mamba, I sent my one (& only) email off to him on the 26th of last month, got a response on the 30th to say that the game had been posted, and it arrives yesterday. I've started playing it and it's great fun. I've read some of the opinions over the last few days and I agree that there is no point having a go at Mamba for a colossal balls up that they had no hand in. However the sending out of replacements does appear to be very piecemeal but then I suppose they haven't had much practice of this (or ever expected to!). Having waded through some of the more predictable crud the larger players in the business pump out these days it's refreshing to see some innovation. Smaller outfits like Mamba who are coming up with fresh material should be supported otherwise we'll all end up "playing" stylish but repeditive offerings which are essentially regurgitations of once influential games, Well, that's my soapbox over with. Again thanks to PV for sending me a replacement.

Hear hear......well said....... Cheesy
grendell
little robot

« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2010, 07:52:48 am »

Well done to Mr. PV at Mamba, I sent my one (& only) email off to him on the 26th of last month, got a response on the 30th to say that the game had been posted, and it arrives yesterday. I've started playing it and it's great fun. I've read some of the opinions over the last few days and I agree that there is no point having a go at Mamba for a colossal balls up that they had no hand in.

When is the last time Amazon or another reputable online vendor did not correctly update your order status and/or ignore your e-mail to customer service?  That is why I'm unhappy.  I preordered two copies that I have yet to receive or even hear back about.  No legitimate publisher does this.
charlie muffin
little rusty robot

« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:01 pm »

Hi,

I have just received my new PC DVD-ROM collectors edition of machinarium, put the disc in my new compaq presario windows 7 laptop and.....nothing.
I thought i'd got something wrong with the setting so 1 hour later i tried finding how to install games on my laptop. No dice.
Finally i search for installation instructions for Machinarium where it would seem that i've encountered a well known problem - it doesn't work on my PC.

I'd really like to know what i'm supposed to do now - its bloody election day and i wanted to escape in a good reviewed little game and i'm now spending the evening trying to find out what's wrong and how i can resolve it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

David
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2010, 08:41:41 pm »

I have just received my new PC DVD-ROM collectors edition of machinarium, put the disc in my new compaq presario windows 7 laptop and.....nothing.
I thought i'd got something wrong with the setting so 1 hour later i tried finding how to install games on my laptop. No dice.
Finally i search for installation instructions for Machinarium where it would seem that i've encountered a well known problem - it doesn't work on my PC.

I'd really like to know what i'm supposed to do now - its bloody election day and i wanted to escape in a good reviewed little game and i'm now spending the evening trying to find out what's wrong and how i can resolve it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
David

Hi David.
Since you've found and posted in this thread of the Machinarium forum, you probably know by now that you received a MAC install disk instead of the PC/MAC hybird disk that Mamba originally intended for release.  Read here why it's not their fault and what they are prepared to do about it (namely, once you email them you will be sent a replacement disk).

So, unless you own a MAC in addition to your PC, you'll have to find some other game to pass the time with tonight.

May I suggest Samorost1 and/or Samorost2?   Grin

Regards,
Alex

Puddock
little robot

« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »

Well, one short week after I bought the faulty game from Game, I received a replacement disc in the post today. Pretty impressive service, after the initial disappointment.  Smiley

Thanks to everyone here for pointing me in the right direction. The game looks absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait to get started!
williefenetre
little robot

« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:31 pm »

Oh Happy Day - my Machinarium was finally delivered (U.S.).  Perfectly packaged, intact, and complete with music DVD and poster.  Installed perfectly, plays perfectly.  It was worth the wait and now I can look forward to my Black Mirror 2 which should be shipping today - hope things go more smoothly with this one.

Despite the hassle I still feel good about the company and will continue to support their products - with more confidence now that I know they are true to their word.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Chronis
citizen robot

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2010, 01:19:11 am »

Glad to see some more success stories over here.
Fusca
little robot

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2010, 01:49:53 pm »

I finally bought today (now now now (=) the Machinarium Collectors Edition from Play.com and i must say its INCREDIBLE the game cost -.-

Its free shipping to here (Portugal) and i will only pay 19.49€!!!!!!! for a completely awesome game and very well made!!! And still i'm sure Amanita will make profit!

Other developers (LIKE EA, THQ.... and so ON) so put their eyes on them!

Well, just to say congratulations on your fantastic game! Hope it will arrive within a week ^^

Stay well all!
razputin
noble citizen robot

« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2010, 12:51:06 pm »

Sadly my copy never arrived but after contacting Jason of Mamba Games I was issued a refund, so I can still recommend Mamba Games! 
ukpetd
citizen robot

« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2010, 04:27:36 pm »

Sadly, I have to report that I'm still waiting for a copy of the game.  Angry First I ordered, way back in Jan from the mamba games website. I was sent a different game in Feb.  Huh I emailed to complain. Then I got a Mac only version in Mar.  Roll Eyes Since then nothing except an email asking if PC only version would be OK (I replied in the affirmative). I've emailed about six times with little response.  Cry Jason, I'm still waiting at SK7 5PR
ukpetd
citizen robot

« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2010, 11:13:37 am »

Another week gone by, no reply. A refund might be acceptable.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »

I've emailed about six times with little response.  Cry  Jason, I'm still waiting at SK7 5PR

When's the last time you looked in your SPAM folder?  It's possible that Jason's replies to you have ended up in there.

ukpetd
citizen robot

« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2010, 05:23:57 pm »

I check spam every day. There is no reply.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: