Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:22 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debian lenny/squeeze amd64  (Read 14027 times)
polygon
little rusty robot

« on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:24 pm »

Bought the game today and had quite some problems getting it to work on my debian squeeze amd64 system. Seen that I'm not the only one, here is how I got it to work. If it has already been posted, then I haven't found it, don't be mad Smiley.

As already stated somewhere else, libnss3-1d and libcurl3 are required but missing in the ia32-libs packet of debian (therefore, the linux-FAQ is kinda wrong for debian). However, they are available in the debian-multimedia repository that can be found on http://debian-multimedia.org/. The easiest way is to just include the repository in your apt sources. Add the lines (just an example, look for closer mirrors on the site and replace stable by whatever you're using):

Code:
deb http://debian.netcologne.de/debian-multimedia.org stable main
deb-src http://debian.netcologne.de/debian-multimedia.org stable main

to your /etc/apt/sources.list and do an "aptitude update" (or "apt-get update"). Then, install the required packages and dependencies of them using:

Code:
aptitude install ia32-libs-libnss2 ia32-libs-libcurl3

For me, it installed the libraries in "/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib" which was not in the library path so we need to add this directory. Create the file "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/ia32-debian-multimedia.conf" (or name it whatever you like, with .conf in the end) with the contents "/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib". Or just paste

Code:
echo /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ia32-debian-multimedia.conf

into a rootshell. Then, still as root, rebuild the library-cache with (no parameters):

Code:
ldconfig

And you're good to go. Having done all that, the game works like a charm for me. If this helps you or there are additions, I'd be happy to read a response.

Thanks to the developers for making this great game!
dproduzioni
little rusty robot

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »

Hi to everyone! And thanks for your help.
Debian Lenny seems still to have 32emul issues  Wink
I wanted to try the Demo before buying the complete game, just to check all runs fine. Indeed...
After adding the debian-multimedia mirror and installing ia32-libs-libnss3, here is my first attempt:
Code:
gunther@hell:~/Desktop/Machinarium Demo$ ./Machinarium\ Demo
./Machinarium Demo: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib32/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl
I guess'd to have a broken library dependency and re-installed ia32-libs-gtk, and tried again:
Code:
gunther@hell:~/Desktop/Machinarium Demo$ ./Machinarium\ Demo
./Machinarium Demo: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib32/libgobject-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_regex_unref
The library is
Code:
hell:/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib# ls -l | grep libgobject
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       19 25 gen 19:45 libgobject-2.0.so -> libgobject-2.0.so.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       26 25 gen 19:50 libgobject-2.0.so.0 -> libgobject-2.0.so.0.1600.4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   237156 25 gen 19:17 libgobject-2.0.so.0.1200.4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   241200 14 lug  2008 libgobject-2.0.so.0.1600.4
and when I link the 1200 version I get the first error (concerning libgdk...) again.
I also guessed it could be caused by some mess I made when installing Skype, but I have already checked my /usr/local/lib and it contains only a directory tree (for R, Python...) but no lib files.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Karl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: