Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:05:56 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JD's lecture Delivered at Casual Connect Europe, February 2010  (Read 7583 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« on: March 02, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »

"In this talk the studio founder and project leader Jakub Dvorsky will show how their last game was built - from initial concept artwork to final product. He will also explain the importance of very tight collaboration between designer, artist, animator, musician and other team members to achieve the desired hand-made feeling and atmosphere. Jakub will also share their experiences with digital distribution and explain why small developers shouldn't work with big casual games portals."

Audio (50 MB download)

jst65
space invader

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:49:09 pm »

(Slowly) downloading it. Hope he doesnt speak czech like Tomáš does in that interview Smiley

EDIT: He speaks a plain, easy to understand english Smiley
The whole thing lasts about an hour. Have no time right now, can't wait!

EDIT: Central part makes little sense without the video Sad Quite frustrating actually. Still you can learn some interesting stuff about game design and main character's name for example Smiley . Men, I wish I could see those "design documents", early sketches, pictures of Floex and his instruments...

EDIT: Last part is more business-related talk and final Q&A session. Well I had to guess Q's from A's actually Smiley Still worth listening.

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 09:48:54 pm by jst65 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: