Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:51:50 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!  (Read 9053 times)
lynxpurr
little robot

« on: March 31, 2010, 01:50:25 pm »

Is there anyone out there in cyberspace that can help a person who has no idea what's goin' on but absolutely loves Samorost andf Machinarium.Huh?;...I finished Samorost sadly because I loved it.

I'm now playing with Machinarium and have fallen in love with that one too...however...I happened to walk up some stairs and everything went black...,no navigation possible....had to start again!!!! Help!   I downloaded it from an internet cafe....fast!!!!! 2.5 hours!!!!!!!!!Hello Tasmania....the new developing nation!!!!
Are there any random peoples in this universe that like helping technologically challenged persons?Huh x
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:41:49 pm »

Hi lynxpurr.  Internet cafe = laptop, 'natch, but what model?  Running Windows or MAC?  Was this a recent purchase/download of the game or an older version, like from late last year?  You can find that out by checking on the Version date of the installer you downloaded (right click then "Properties" in Windows, Command + i on a MAC)  If it's an older installer from 2009 you'll have to run several patches that we'll explain about if it turns out they're needed. 

Also, it's possible that the game installer you downloaded was corrupted somehow and that has caused your game to be buggy.  You may have to uninstall Machinarium and re-download the game (so be prepared for another 2.5 hour visit to that cafe)   Grin

lynxpurr
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:17:45 pm »

Hey ABoretz...Thanks for the reply and no....no laptop ...just the caf's computer (Not an internet cafe frequenter so didn't know I could take mine in...sigh:-[)   I came to the conclusion today that there was something really wrong and it wasn't just me. Could it have been that I was downloading it to a thumb drive?
 I have a friend who downloaded Samorost 2 and Machinarium in 10 minutes, so 2.5 hours on their 'fastest' computer was a handy little money spinner methinks.
I have a MacBook Pro  10.5.8 and I just checked Machinarium(purchased end of Feb this year) and this version was modified in October 2009.?

I will now have to pay for this again, hopefully using a friend's internet connection,so any advice to failsafe the process would be greatly appreciated.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 08:50:34 pm »

Hi again.  Just to clarify; you wrote that you downloaded Machinarium to a thumb drive.  So then you plugged that into your MacBook Pro and now the game is installed on your laptop, yes?  Well it's possible that you won't have to re-download the game.  Game installers from October 2009 need to have two patches applied to play without glitches.  Install Patch 1 first and then follow with Patch 2.  You'll find installation instructions at those links.  If you're still having problems after applying those patches it's then likely that your thumb drive download was corrupted.  In that case you don't have to pay for the game again, just write to support-at-amanitadesign.com, explain your situation, and a new download link will be sent to you.

Do let us know if that clears up your problem.   Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: