Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:04:20 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: soundtrack  (Read 41493 times)
onocentaur
citizen robot

« on: November 04, 2007, 12:35:16 pm »

Is Floex/Tomas Dvorak going to do the soundtrack for Machinarium? I love the soundtrack for Samorost2... I have it playing right now, it's brilliant.
Thinking of which, just out of interest, do you know how many people bought the CD?
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:52:14 pm »

Yes the soundtrack for Machinarium will be from Floex and yes we know how many people bought the CD, but we won't tell:)
onocentaur
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:39:00 pm »

excellent.  Grin
yes we know how many people bought the CD, but we won't tell:)
I can live with that  Smiley  perhaps you can tell me whether the numbers were sufficient to make producing a CD of Machinarium a possibility?
retro_10s
citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 01:49:32 pm »

probably not worth the hassle thinking about putting the machinarium onto a CD yet, as the full game is going to be downloadable anyway Smiley
sickeh
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 08:01:45 pm »

Hi, sorry for kicking this old topic (got a warning that it's over 120 days old). But I was wondering, if you're not going to release a soundtrack, will we still be able to get tracks in a playable format? I really love the track you used in the preview clip and I would like to have it in mp3 format if possible Smiley.
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:14 pm »

yes, we will probably release the soundtrack on cd or as mp3s for download.
sickeh
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 07:21:52 pm »

Ok, great!
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 04:00:50 pm »

Hi,

something about machinarium soundtrack :)

while working on the project for past few months, i could say, it is definatelly the bigest project with amanita untill now with bigest amount of music in the game. i enjoy working on the game so much :)!

in the case of samorost II (i didn't cooperate on samorost I, it is sometimes missunderstanding) we were trying to keep music little bit shorter mainly because of internet trafic. that's why we released the samorost II soundtrack later. music was developed into much more wider songs there. In other words, the music you buy on the samorost II cd is not identical to music featured in the game. Independent samorost II soundtrack  is more rich and composition works as "songs" and not just background loops.

in the case of machinarium there is more freedom to develop more wider composition directly into game. it gives me possibility to create music which i believe is more formaly a musically rich - the music will be more changionable, less abstract and wider directly in the game .

it is little bit hard to specify how the music exactly differes from the other amanita projects.
i could maybe say that it differs as much as machinarium differs from the samorost visuality.
it keeps my handwritting but it is not totally the same.

samorost was more acoustical and atmospherical, i tend to say wooden :)

questionaut is most easy going, happies and funniest one.

machinarium is for me the "BIG GAME" :) and more mature. it has its happy moments and also melancholic moments.
machinarium seems to be more warm and vintage and there will be little bit more synths used but it doesn't loose its "acoustical touch" and general ambient feel. don't expect "synthy music", but  things like old analog sounds, vocoder tunes, gameboy music, glitchy sounds of the old radios and different kind of noises have its important part in the sound of  game.

also from the time of samorost II i changed lots of things in my studio.
i have moved to different platform and different software (now working under mac becuase of logic which just suits me more).
while it is just technical issue, it definatelly also influenced "my sound". i bought beatifull acoustic piano and for the game i landed roland sh09 synth (which is pure early 80s real analogue synth)  from my friend :), which i think absolutelly fits to the feeling of the game.

tomas

* IMG_7925.JPG (38.61 KB, 360x480 - viewed 1836 times.)
leanne
captain robot

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:27 pm »

thank you, floex for this story Smiley i adore your music so much (i also adored samorost 1 and somehow it is still similar to yours)

i noticed the difference between game and cd and i am looking forward to have a machinarium cd as well, i imagine this will be sort of double cd because of it's bigger amount of megabytes..

i was wondering about questionaut music - these are still little pieces not full tracks from where there are extracts in game? i would love to have this music too in mp3, sometimes i just start questionaut and leave it open for listening the music (i have played it too some 10 times hehe)

i think wooden is quite suitable expression, i also love that clarinette soft wooden sound, that made me to take my instrument to repairer  Grin

all the best to floex and to jd!!!!  Kiss
Tenson
little robot

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 12:45:33 am »

Hi,

I just happened to stumble on the Machinarium site and watched the preview video. I really like the music and that's why I came to the forum to find out who wrote it. I especially like the bit where the Koto comes in (sounds like a koto anyway). It doesn't sound too likely that a OST CD will be released, so what is the best way to get the full pieces of music? Perhaps I can buy a CD-R of it directly from Tomas? Wink
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 03:10:15 am »

I really like the music and that's why I came to the forum to find out who wrote it.

You (and we) are in luck because Tomas (Floex) has started visiting the forum recently and now we can all pester him with our many questions and observations about his music and art!   Grin

I especially like the bit where the Koto comes in (sounds like a koto anyway).

My guess would be that "Koto" sound was made with a "Santoor".

Search The Net for Pandit Shivkumar Sharma or, better still, watch/listen to him play in this YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VldKoqgDvoI&feature=related

Tomas?  If you read this, could you solve our "Koto mystery", please?   Huh

Tenson
little robot

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 02:48:54 am »

Maybe you are right, it does sound a little more 'tinkly' like a Santoor, but it is hard to tell. Nice bit of music you linked to there. I wish instruments like this were used in more music. I like it when traditional non-western instruments are mixed with modern production. I think real instruments add texture to the sound, that a lot of synthetic instruments lack. I like electronic synths and stuff, but they just aren't capable of producing that variation of subtle sound from the style of playing and the small sounds from real bits of material rubbing together. On the other hand, and perhaps it is cultural bias, but I find the pure Indian classical music a little too 'curry house' after a while and want something with more variation to the over all sound-scape. I hope that makes sense and isn't just a lot of nonsense!  Tongue

I'll be interested to see what Tomas says, and how to get the tracks from this new game.

Ciao.

P.S. I changed this post quite a bit from when I first made it having been listening to more of Tomas' work on the Floex site.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:15:44 am by Tenson » Logged
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:27 pm »

hi, thank you very much for you interest in mach. soundtrack!!!
as for the soundtrack, yes we plan to release it.  seems there will be pritty enough music to do so!
we are just speaking about the most suitable form of the release.

the instrument used in the preview of the game is kind of chinese harp.
but generally speaking,  i would say koto, santor, cymbal and so on are different mutation of quite similar instrument concept Smiley

tenson: i really liked what you have mentioned about acoustical instruments.
this is one of the reasons why i  like to use them and fuse them (with electronic world) so much.

t.

Tenson
little robot

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 12:10:09 am »

as for the soundtrack, yes we plan to release it.  seems there will be plenty enough music to do so!
we are just speaking about the most suitable form of the release.

Good news. However you release it, please make it available in an uncompressed format. I like to get the full quality of the music, not MP3.  Smiley Personally, I still like to buy music on CD!

By the way, do you have any pictures of your studio? I own a business that designs and builds audio equipment, so I have a strange interest in this sort of thing! Maybe I can give you a good discount on some of my speakers in exchange for some of your music  Cool
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:14:12 am by Tenson » Logged
floex
noble citizen robot

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 11:38:49 pm »

hi,

preview1 song is from questionaut game. http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/games/questionaut/
unfortunatelly it is not possible to download it.

small picture from my studio is in the attachment Smiley

t.

* fxstudio.JPG (96.76 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1883 times.)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: