Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:36:23 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black screen on linux after many hours of gaming  (Read 12994 times)
Rémi
little robot

« on: March 15, 2010, 04:31:41 pm »

Hi everybody,

I start to explain i'm french so my english is ...hum....hum....french  Wink
What is my problem. I've install the game on a linux xubuntu 9.10 (kk). I've played the game many hours. I arrived in the level with a ascensor. This is the ascensor with a plant and an robot-aspirator. I do what i have to do to join the second floor and when i click to go out the ascensor, my screen is black and I couldn't click anywhere. I can only click on menu game . It is normal ? What's the matter ?

Thanks.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:48 pm »

I've install the game on a linux xubuntu 9.10 (kk). I've played the game many hours. I arrived in the level with a ascensor. This is the ascensor with a plant and an robot-aspirator. I do what i have to do to join the second floor and when i click to go out the ascensor, my screen is black and I couldn't click anywhere. I can only click on menu game . It is normal ? What's the matter ?

ascenseur = elevator, yes? 
Have you installed the most recent patches?  (make sure you install Patch 1 and then follow with Patch 2)

Au fait ...this online translator has been very helpful for me in the past.  Par exemple, je ne peux ni lire ni écrire en français.  ¶:^)

Rémi
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:24:30 pm »

Thanks for your answer and you're right for the elevator.
Thanks for the translator.
I will explore the way you give me and i'll be back so.
Rémi
little robot

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:23:27 pm »

I come back. I have installed the patches but my problem stay. I am frustrated because i'm near the end.
Anyone have an idea ??
jst65
space invader

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:53:07 pm »

I'd try to uninstall, delete folders, etc., and re-install the whole game - make a backup of your savegames first!!

There is a "sticky" thread about the location of those files.
Here it is http://machinarium.net/forum/index.php/topic,463.0.html
Rémi
little robot

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »

Thanks, i'll try this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: