Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:06 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost 2 CD available at Minority Records  (Read 18194 times)
minority_records
noble citizen robot

« on: September 02, 2010, 10:47:52 am »

Hello,

those of you still interested in having Samorost 2 CD-Extra (includes Soundtrack by Tomas Dvorak both in WAV and MP3 formats
as well as PC/MAC version of the game) can purchase a copy at http://www.minorityrecords.com/store.

Album details as well as one MP3 are available at http://minorityrecords.com/mailorder/quazi-delict/QDR008/

Thank you for your support!
syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:36:20 am »

This is very tempting but I've been holding out for some way to get the Russian Box set for some time, and it's very frustrating I keep failing.

Really all I would like is the little art booklet that comes with the Russian version. Any chance if I order from Minority Records, I could get a copy of this art booklet along with my order of the game? I'm really desperate and there doesn't seem to be any Russian site that is willing to ship to the United States.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:35:45 am »

Quote from: syntheticgerbil
This is very tempting but I've been holding out for some way to get the Russian Box set for some time, and it's very frustrating I keep failing.

Bummer!  I wondered if you ever succeeded in your quest.  (for those just tuning in: syntheticgerbil has been trying for some time to obtain the snowball studios release of Samorost2 - see *this* thread for the full story)  

S.G., I suggest that you try PM-ing minority_records (but be forewarned that they log in and post infrequently) and also visit the Minority Records contact page: http://www.minorityrecords.com/contact/ and write to each of their distributors (with a special focus on the Poland contact) to see if any of them can help you.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:49:27 am by Lamkin » Logged
Gorion
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 05:42:29 pm »

I so wanted to buy it! But I live in France ...  Cry
syntheticgerbil
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:42:15 am »

S.G., I suggest that you try PM-ing minority_records (but be forewarned that they log in and post infrequently) and also visit the Minority Records contact page: http://www.minorityrecords.com/contact/ and write to each of their distributors (with a special focus on the Poland contact) to see if any of them can help you.

Hey thanks again! No luck from Minority, but they were very helpful and looked into it for me. I might still go ahead and get it from them anyway, just so I have a hard copy, but I suppose I should periodically checking Russian gaming websites to see if someone out there can eventually ship outside of Russia.
Paku
citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 06:07:33 pm »

So this CD from Quazi Delict is not an actual audio CD? It is a pure data CD with the soundtrack only as files, is this correct?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 07:46:08 pm »

Quote from: Paku
So this CD from Quazi Delict is not an actual audio CD? It is a pure data CD with the soundtrack only as files, is this correct?

It's a hybrid disk.  It plays like a standard audio CD but also contains installation files for PC & MAC.

LINK from Amanita Design homepage "Store" tab.

Paku
citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 09:12:01 pm »

Oh, I see, thanks. I was a bit confused as the first post said it contained the soundtrack in WAV format and I didn't think it would fit both CD audio tracks and WAV files on one CD, but perhaps it was referring to the same thing (WAV format = CD audio tracks.)

Still, I too wonder if I should perhaps try to order the Russian boxed game.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 06:38:44 am »

I was a bit confused as the first post said it contained the soundtrack in WAV format... but perhaps it was referring to the same thing (WAV format = CD audio tracks.)

Yes, that's probably what they meant.  I just checked my personal copy of this same disk in question and when I loaded it in my computer it immediately tried to play it as though it were an audio CD.  When I then "explored" the files contained on the disk there were two folders; one contained the Samorost2 game and the other contained the Soundtrack in mp3 format.

Still, I too wonder if I should perhaps try to order the Russian boxed game.

Well, if you have any luck please let "syntheticgerbil" know how you were able to obtain your copy!  And I too have been after the Russian boxed version for EVER!  It's been damned near impossible for anyone outside of Russia to score a copy.   Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: