Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:07 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug - can't fill the oil can. [SOLVED]  (Read 20792 times)
composertp
little robot

« on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:24 am »

I have the oil can. I know the old man wants oil. I have read that I need to walk to the bridge and catch some of the dripping oil.

I've tried this, and it simply won't work. I've clicked everywhere many times. Every time I click the oil can on the oil puddle or the oil drip, my little robot shakes his head - "uh uh".

Please help. I don't think I can move ahead until I get this oil.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:49:32 pm by Alex » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:01 am »

Quote from: composertp
I have the oil can. I know the old man wants oil....

Are you certain which kind of oil you require; i.e., "machine" or "sunflower"?   Roll Eyes

composertp
little robot

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:40:56 am »

Yes, I have looked at walkthroughs. Everyone says that you have to bring the wheelchair guy some normal oil first, which is dripping by the bridge through the blue-and-white striped door. I've clicked on the oil in every way I can imagine. It just won't take. Any help?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 06:59:40 am »

I've clicked on the oil in every way I can imagine. It just won't take. Any help?

You've probably solved your problem by now but in case you haven't (and for anyone else following this thread) I'll just remind y'all that the standard method of employing your inventory items (in this case the oil can the old guy gave you) is:
  • stand next to the place where you want to use an item (always keep in mind that proximity is important in Machinarium)
  • mouse up to your inventory to select it
  • and then move it around the area you think it might be useful.
If you get it right there will be a slight change in the appearance of the object and it will "stick" to the scene (so to speak).

Good luck! 

composertp
little robot

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:42:56 pm »

Yes. The can changes color when I stand next to the oil and mouse over. In this particular screen, by the oil drip, you can't move. So I just stand next to the oil. Then, when I hold the oil can over the oil, it changes color. Then I click and the robot says "uh uh".

There is a problem here. Please help! I can't move ahead in the game!
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 06:38:27 pm »

when I hold the oil can over the oil, it changes color. Then I click and the robot says "uh uh".

Is it possible that your oil can somehow already has oil in it?  Try taking it to the old robot in the wheelchair and giving it to him. 

composertp
little robot

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 12:11:21 am »

That's a good idea. I had already tried that. Every time I click it on him, he says that he wants sunflower oil. I guess I can give it yet another try..... but I'd love further help on this. I'll let you know what happens when I test the oil can on him again.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 02:06:59 am »

Every time I click it on him, he says that he wants sunflower oil.
If that's the case, then you must've already given him the black oil. So now the old robot is asking you to bring him yellow, sunflower oil. My only guess as to what might be confusing you is that the old robot is asking you to use the exact same can; but that's how it's supposed to be—same can, different kind of oil.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:02:28 am by Lamkin » Logged
composertp
little robot

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 11:45:27 pm »

Good thought. I must have given him the normal oil, lost my memory of it, and tried again later, not realizing I could move on with other tasks.

I checked today and started doing other things, so I am able to keep playing.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time! I appreciate the quick and consistent responses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: