Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:48:06 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium story questions (spoilers)  (Read 10142 times)
Linnau
little robot

« on: November 28, 2010, 09:08:26 pm »

Just finished Machinarium. It is an extremely charming game. Loved it.

I have some story related questions:

In the foyer of the king/mayor/president, whatever he is, there is this sitting robot who tells his story of being found by the soldiers on some kind of alien planet (Machinarium moon?). I wonder what's this robot's significance. I know you don't need him to finish the game, but I wanted to understand. I thought at first that he is an alien robot from that moon, and that we should bring him back home. But you can't, so... Anyone has any ideas?

And regarding the villains in the game: what were they trying to do exactly? They put viruses on the Mayor's program, sent one of his servants to the scrapyard, took the other one to work in the kitchen, and then planted a bomb on the dome. Were they trying to ruin the city? overthrow the mayor? or were they just plain evil as villains are..  Grin.

Yes. I know it's just a "cute" game, and most people don't give these details a second thought. But I guess that to me it just doesn't feel complete without this closure...
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:19:26 pm »

In the foyer of the king/mayor/president, whatever he is, there is this sitting robot who tells his story of being found by the soldiers on some kind of alien planet (Machinarium moon?). I wonder what's this robot's significance.

That robot's a tie-in/reference to Samorost2, which is another game by Amanita Design.
(Play the game and you'll understand. =o)

As for the villains, I'm pretty sure that their goal was to destroy the city. And also yes, they're just plain evil. ;o)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:29:43 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Linnau
little robot

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 03:21:49 pm »

oh, a reference to another game - that perfectly makes sense...

Thanks.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: