Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:01:13 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardest Part In "Machinarium"  (Read 21428 times)
RainingTip
« on: December 02, 2010, 07:38:42 pm »

Well I think we all got stuck at some point of the game and thought it is the hardest part from the game. Please tell your oppinions here! Thanks! Cheesy

My oppinion is that the hardest part is the one when you need to beat the robot at the board game from the tavern.

What do you think?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 07:53:55 am »

Quote from: RainingTip
My oppinion is that the hardest part is the one when you need to beat the robot at the board game from the tavern.

What do you think?

Yep.  Me too!

I confess that more than once I've used "Lamkin's Gambit" to get past that creepy robot!  Roll Eyes

divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 05:31:20 pm »

I can usually guess my way through that in a few turns. Maybe I'm just naturally amazing  Roll Eyes

The part where you have to move the buoy/oil barrel to help catch the dog left me stuck for ages. I'd moved it in the wrong direction at first and couldn't figure out how to move it from there (thanks forum people!).
RainingTip
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 03:13:13 pm »

Well the board game from the tavern it's more harder than catching the dog. I caught him just after I figured out the directions for the barrel. But it's a good oppinion Wink
Paku
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:53:09 am »

The longest I was stuck was the jail area, because it took forever before I noticed the plunger stuck to the roof... Cheesy

I don't really understand why so many people mention the five-in-a-row game. Sure it may take some tries but all you have to do is to defend when necessary and sooner or later the robot will make a really dumb mistake, giving you an opening. To me, the game where you have to move the strings of marbles (at the very end) is much, much harder. There you could potentially move them around and around in circles without ever making that one critical move that allows you to get them where you want. Plus it seems to me you could almost tangle them up to the point where it would be easier if you could just start over from the beginning (which I'm not sure you even can. Huh)
RainingTip
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 05:51:09 pm »

Well yea the plunger was really hard to see because that area was a bit darker and so the plunger. Good point Wink
Ida
little rusty robot

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 12:01:49 am »

Come on, the board game was piss easy!! I won the first time, and played it again one time just to see if you got some other items from him and won.  Undecided

Here's what you do (no walkthrough just board game tactics in general)

1. Get in attack position in the very beginning. That means, start doing threatening moves as soon as you can, should be attacking after move 2,3, or 4. This will make HIM have to defend and place pieces in silly places, never attacking.

2. While always keeping him defending, prepare the trap:

3. The trick is to make either 1 4-in-a-row with a clear space on each side, but this is difficult cause he interrupts. Instead, make two 3-in-a-rows with clear spaces on each side. Then he's doomed...you will win.

This is basic tactics when playing z-in-a-row-games btw...

To me, the hardest part was getting the owl to drop the piece. Even after reading the walkthrough on this part I just couldnt make it fall. I sat and tried soooo hard to make the string snap...but noooo.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:04:12 am by Ida » Logged
RainingTip
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 09:52:20 am »

Well it's a good oppinion too. And thanks for advices at the z-in-a-row game Wink
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 09:45:10 pm »

I don't really understand why so many people mention the five-in-a-row game.
It'll be because you can look at the walkthrough for every other puzzle of the game, but that part is different each time.
RainingTip
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 09:13:40 am »

Right Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: