Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:39:30 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: freezing  (Read 17467 times)
evilted
little robot

« on: December 23, 2010, 11:46:39 am »

Hi,

i have disabled flash hardware acceleration,
i have installed patch 1 and patch 2.

this game freezes randomly for no reason. this is terribly frustrating, i would just like to play the game.

how to get support? i buy the game through steam, but get redirected here..Huh??

i see other posts about same problem, and the solution (?) for others is too do the above, but this changes nothing for me..?
RainingTip
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:07:21 pm »

Hi,

Well in my oppinion there are many things you should check:

1. System Requirements - see if the game is compatible with your computer.
2. Try re-installing it.
3. It may also be a computer error.

Q: What does this "Flash Hardware Acceleration" ? I just installed the game and it runs perfectly. Huh
evilted
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 03:26:58 pm »

1. system requirements? it says p4, with gforce6500. i have a sony vaio vpcz1 - i5 with the intel 330m gfx and 8gig ram. so really no prob with hardware.

2. tried re-installing. doesnt change anything.

3. its a brand new computer. theres nothing else installed on it besides m$ office.

A: the game is written in flash. right click in the game and go to settings. from here you can disabled th hardware accel.. also, you can do this on ANYTHING written in flash..

anyone else? how to get support?
RainingTip
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:45:11 pm »

Thanks for the answer. I see you got no problem. I think the moderators can answer this.

Q: Why don't u enable hardware accel?
evilted
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 04:11:37 pm »

hey thanks for reply-ing, but on the contrary, one time i can play for 20mins. one time i can play for 1min. so really, i got lots of problems, and its just this game. like i said, the game was bought and downloaded through steam, but theres nowhere to get support? steam pass you off to this website, and this website has no support anywhere?

i guess i have to wait for a moderator? are they the support people?

RainingTip
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 06:35:30 pm »

I think ABoretz / Nicosmos will give you an answer soon Wink.

Just be patient Smiley
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 08:13:33 pm »

Quote from: evilted
how to get support? i buy the game through steam, but get redirected here..Huh??

STEAM sent you here because they host the game on their servers but don't do tech support on it.  FYI, all the mods and members on this forum are fans of Amanita Design's output and not official staff.  Nevertheless, we've got a pretty good track record for success and we'll do what we can for you.   Wink

1. system requirements? it says p4, with gforce6500. i have a sony vaio vpcz1 - i5 with the intel 330m gfx and 8gig ram. so really no prob with hardware.

My research shows that the SONY Vaio has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M GPU video card.

Based on this source, here, you may have to D/L video driver updates either from NVIDIA's site or directly from SONY, here.

2. tried re-installing. doesnt change anything.

Re-installing what; the game or your OS? (BTW you never mentioned if it was XP, Vista, or 7)

RainingTip
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 09:47:50 am »

Now I think you got all the support, evilted Smiley
evilted
little robot

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 06:10:51 pm »

yeah i have all the updates from sony and nvidia, its windows 7 pro 64bit.

so how do i contact aminata?? this is driving me nutz. ive played the demo on the website and this was the reason for buying the game.

ive tried re-installing the game. i have a brand new computer. its got office on it, and thats all (including the default winblows apps). im sure i wouldnt have to re-install the operating system? this machine is only 3 weeks old.

in your link they are talking about using the flash beta, and having problems with drivers. "I've been using the Flash 10.1 beta player and don't want to go back to the older one (flash 10.1 requires newer drivers than 187.83)" after this they go on to talk about linux..

also other users arent experiencing problems... (for me its just this one game)
"I have a Sony CW series with Geforce GT 330M and haven't encountered any major problems yet with any games although granted I haven't tried out Crysis yet. I'll try it."

i can deal with the game stopping, but in this case it feezes the whole machine. I hear some loud buzz from the speakers, and the screen goes either completely black or white. the only solution is to hold the power button down for 10sec.

After I  turn the machine back on, the brightness is at 150%, and i have to reboot again before it seems to go back to normal. ive tried all sorts of flash websites and so on, and everything else seems to work normally...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 06:23:38 pm by evilted » Logged
RainingTip
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 10:13:23 am »

Sometimes my machine freezes too and like you said some kind of buzz is hearing from the speakers and then, in my case, the screen turns blue and then restart.

A: To contact Amanita Design, just go on their website and there are some contact forms.

Good luck! Cheesy
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 08:01:30 pm »

Quote from: evilted
yeah i have all the updates from sony and nvidia, its windows 7 pro 64bit.

so how do i contact aminata?? this is driving me nutz.

Using the forum's SEARCH function (you should try it sometime Wink )  I sought out the term "Windows 7" and came across a possible solution for you (it has to do with the Windows 7 font size... ) 

Give it a whirl: http://machinarium.net/forum/index.php/topic,1233.msg5944.html#msg5944

As for Amanita contact, try:  support-at-amanitadesign.com   Though I think all that'll accomplish is that you will be offered a refund.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: