Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:44:53 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dream Machine  (Read 15028 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« on: February 05, 2011, 04:19:06 am »

The Dream Machine is a point & click adventure game in five chapters, made by hand using materials such as clay and cardboard.

Quote from The PC Advisor review of The Dream Machine:

"Finding new ideas in such a tried-and-tested structure is far from easy, and for every beautifully crafted success story like Amanita Design’s brilliant Machinarium, there’s a host of well-intentioned but ultimately disappointing efforts. As any student of point-and-click adventures will tell you, when you find the good stuff you let the world know about it, you shout it from the rooftops. So I’m shouting, right here and now, about The Dream Machine."

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:44:42 am by Alex » Logged
Rainium
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:26:49 am »

The Dream Machine - very creative and amazing. I played 'Chapter One' , which is the free one of course and I think about buying the second chapter, but I'm not sure.

Cockroach Inc is a great company. Remember that they have created Gateway (1 and 2) and it was and still is cool Wink
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:45:55 pm »

Chapter One is really good! I might get the rest...

...except I'm trying not to spend money just now. Dehm.
Rainium
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:02:40 am »

Well, I don't have a good antivirus for the moment , so I won't be able to buy Chapter 2 as well 'cause I need to make my computer secure and stable, without any viruses or hackers.

The best part that Cockroach Inc managed to do it , is that you are not able to download The Dream Machine , so you'll have to play it online. What means that? Means no hacking and no money loss for the company. Now this game won't be able to be hacked for chapters and the profit will be very high.

Amanita Design should think about this too, or to introduce a coding system if they still want their games to be downloaded.

P.S.: If you got slow internet or it even fails, then the non-download method got a big problem. So I encourage the coding system for a downloaded game Smiley
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:14:37 am »

Several people could use the same password, so hacking is sort of possible.
Maybe they could limit it to one ip address per password or something, but that would be annoying for people who move around a lot.
Rainium
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 05:42:34 pm »

Several people could use the same password, so hacking is sort of possible.
Maybe they could limit it to one ip address per password or something, but that would be annoying for people who move around a lot.

Right. I suppose they will disable accounts with more then 1 IP / playing session. Or as you said divit, they can limit the IPs.
SeedDesign
little robot

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 11:40:58 am »

Chapter 2 released! Might go and buy it. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: