Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:54 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative points of Machinarium  (Read 9382 times)
Horseman
captain robot

Jazz Lover

« on: May 31, 2011, 02:00:39 am »

First of all I want to say that "Machinarium" is my favorite game ever (!) and I don't want only to accuse developers in some subjective thoughts. I've decided to create this topic to help developers to see some points of their games which can be created, fixed or updated.

The main negative point for me is that the game has only one volume bar for music and sounds. I think that in such games there should be two volume bars. As for me, sometime I want to play the game with sounds but without music (for example, when I don't know how to go farther and have got stuck in some place, I want to think without music but with sounds (even if here plays such a great music, written by Tomas), despite of it the music is playing, and playing, and playing...) Smiley, sometime I want to play the game with music but without sounds (for example, when the player finished the game for the first time and plays it for the second he wants to listen all the music while he playing, because he's already know what to do in the game).

If Amanita Design can create the patch for "Machinarium" that would appear two volume bars (or at least the button with option to quite the music), it would be just perfect!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:28:24 am by Horseman » Logged

Ars longa, vita brevis (Hippocrates)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:45:55 am »

Quote from: Horseman

...sometime I want to play the game with sounds but without music (for example, when I don't know how to go farther and have got stuck in some place, I want to think without music but with sounds (even if here plays such a great music, written by Tomas), despite of it the music is playing, and playing, and playing...) Smiley

I must say, Horseman, at first I wanted to disagree with you.  My reflex was to argue that the music and Pif's ambient sounds were like an "audio marriage" that should never be parted...

But then I thought back to the next to final level of Machinarium in which The Big Brain had a computer virus and he kept slurping and slobbering while I was trying to solve the puzzle to release the dongle needed to connect to his CPU and all I wanted to do was SCREAM "Will you SHUT THE F* UP?!"  Shocked

So, I have to agree with you.  Some kind of selective SoundFX/Music volume option *would* be a nice touch to the next Amanita Design release.

Euphoria
noble citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 04:21:20 pm »

I think that will be good if there will be 2 bars, because sometime it's nice to listen to the music but the SFX sounds just don't let you concentrate through the music!  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: