Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:59:06 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving from Humble Bundle to Steam did Not Import Save Files  (Read 13751 times)
Dash_Merc
little robot

« on: July 11, 2011, 12:41:00 am »

I originally bought Machinarium as part of the Humble Bundle.  I just started using Steam for Mac, and decided to redeem my Humble Bundle games on Steam.  Some of the games imported my save files from their previous incarnations as non-Steam games into my Steam account, which is awesome.  Machinarium did not, which makes me sad.

Is it possible for me to import my original Machinarium save file into Steam?  If so, how do I do it?  Thank you. Smiley
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:14:16 am »

Have look at the Machinarium .sol thread.

Dash_Merc
little robot

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 03:20:04 am »

I saw that, but the Steam version seems to keep its save file in the Steam folder in Application Support in my User Library.  I didn't think it would be the same.
I will give it a good look and see what I come up with.

Thanks.
Dash_Merc
little robot

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:54 am »

Ok, maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thread.  I can't find any specifically about the sol.  searching for "sol" only brings up your post here...  Would you please link me?

EDIT:

...or I'm a dummy and just needed to look the old fashioned way.  The only issue is I don't seem to have a normal Machinarium .sol.  I have two different .sol files:

#SharedObjects/23Y2ZJT9/www.machinarium.net/demo/machweb.swf/Machinarium.sol

and

#SharedObjects/23Y2ZJT9/machinarium.net/demo/machweb.swf/Machinarium.sol

Both seem to be for the web demo, and there is no obvious trace of any for my purchased copy. Sad

EDIT:

OK, I got it.  I had to search for Machinarium.app within my Flash Player preferences directory, then just copy the original .sol into the Steam's Machinarium.app.

What a mess. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:53:47 am by Dash_Merc » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: