Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:32 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Price going to be lowered?  (Read 39408 times)
Qweexel
little robot

« on: July 07, 2009, 05:21:55 pm »

Hi

I was just wondering whether the price was going to be lowered later, or maybe in several years,like what happened with Samorost 2.

Thanks in advance.
Saaataaan
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:58:08 am »

Oh, come on. The game's not even out yet and you ask for a price reduction? The 17 bucks for the download version will definitely be worth it. Don't be so greedy. Wink Just pre-order the game. It will most probably be one of the most anticipated adventures 2009 will see released.
robearth
little robot

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:14:27 am »

well, you sneaky bastard >: /
Seu_Kumiama
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 09:29:37 pm »

Removed...

Edit by Moderator: Not exactly a nice thing to post on these forums. The people at Amanita work hard to create these great games.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:57:29 pm by ABoretz » Logged
Lotus
little robot

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 09:48:09 pm »

@Qweexel

I don
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:59:18 am »

I was just wondering whether the price was going to be lowered later, or maybe in several years,like what happened with Samorost 2.

To answer your question I would say yes...  so I expect you prefer to wait 18 months beforep laying it?

The current pre-order price is lowered and will sell for a higher price when releaser so why not say thank you for all the hard work they have put in this gem?  Then you will feel very good inside doing this, trust me you will be proud.
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 02:03:18 am »

LoL.... do as I did with samorost I and II... wait for the cracked version download at torrent and PLAY FOR FREE... let those stupids pay for it while we play for free!!!  Cheesy

I wonder who is the stupid one...  Samorost was free BTW and I believe that helped a lot for a worldwide reputation of his talent.
Qweexel
little robot

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »

My apologies to everyone, especially the game creators.

Guess I was being pretty stupid...
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 04:45:53 pm »

My apologies to everyone, especially the game creators.

Guess I was being pretty stupid...

There has been a misunderstanding here, Qweexel.  That comment about being "stupid" was not directed toward you!

After your original question about whether the price was ever going to be lowered "Seu_Kumiama" posted a message about how he was going to pirate Machinarium as soon as he could and anyone that paid for the game was stupid.  "Lotus" mistook you for him and wrote "Qweexel I don't like you", but she was really responding to "Seu_Kumiama".

Then it got more confusing when, just before a moderator removed the "Seu_Kumiama" message, "Rhialto" wrote a reply to him (look again and you'll see the name "Seu_Kumiama" is embedded in the quote Rhialto was responding to).

Sot it's just a big misunderstanding.  You are NOT stupid!   Smiley

Qweexel
little robot

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 02:24:25 am »

Ah...
grebnork
little robot

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 06:16:57 am »

Why did I pre-order Machinarium for $17 for the bonus of a couple screenshots and an OST preview they were going to give away anyway, only to see it being available for pre-order on Steam today for $14.99?  Where's the value?  I should have waited if this is all I am going to get for pre-ordering.  At least with Steam, I get to re-download it if my hard drive crashes.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 08:23:45 am »

Why did I pre-order Machinarium for $17 for the bonus of a couple screenshots and an OST preview they were going to give away anyway, only to see it being available for pre-order on Steam today for $14.99?  Where's the value?  I should have waited if this is all I am going to get for pre-ordering.  At least with Steam, I get to re-download it if my hard drive crashes.

Amanita Design is an "Indie" company, grebnork.  Supporting indie development efforts is a good thing... no?... wouldn't you agree with that sentiment?

I mean, please don't tell me that it all comes down to an equation about perceived "accumulated value" for what you paid for something - thence it's a "good buy" versus a "bad buy" if you paid X and then later the game or other screenshots were available for Y and the difference - of a few dollars - was your "loss".

That just plain cheesy!   Tongue

jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 09:58:04 am »

if you pre-order through us, you will receive also Mac version and the soundtrack in MP3's. on Steam you will get only Windows version.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 10:59:26 am »

I understand that you would have to sign a contract with Valve to keep mout shut about it but how much (%) do you actually get from the STEAM sale? Less than 50? more?
I figured I would give this question a go anyway Smiley
grebnork
little robot

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 05:30:27 pm »

if you pre-order through us, you will receive also Mac version and the soundtrack in MP3's. on Steam you will get only Windows version.

Getting the mac version is inconsequential to me but the full OST download would make it worth the difference in cost.  I'm all for supporting indie developers, which is one of the reasons why I pre-ordered the game in the first place.  The only reason I was pointing this price disparity out is because the pre-order "savings" were being touted back when I placed the order - with no mention that it'd be available from other venues but with every implication that the price would go up to ~$20 upon the arrival of the release date.  I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, here.  Hope you guys have a very successful release.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: