Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:15:26 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: loading Samorost  (Read 25100 times)
crazyoval
little robot

« on: January 30, 2008, 09:40:42 am »

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how Samorost loads each level. Is it separate scenes or separate swf's that are being loaded into a root swf? Im interested because it spreads out the load of a big file into incremental loads which is very useful when you've got a lot of art and audio to download.

Thank you  Cheesy

dg10050
Global Moderator
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:18:58 pm »

The different levels are actually seperate .swf files, and they're loaded as needed.
crazyoval
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:29 pm »

cool,thanks,  that makes a lot of sense. But how can you control all sound from outside an swf? some are sound effects so they are linked to an action whilst others are music score which could sit in the mail swf and be controlled. Not sure how you would control all sounds .. any idea?

dg10050
Global Moderator
captain robot

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:17:29 pm »

Eh, like most .swf's, I'd imagine they could be disassembled and the sounds could be extracted. Not sure Amanita Design would like you doing this though.
crazyoval
little robot

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 11:06:02 am »

no you misunderstand. Im not interested in extracting anything from Samorost. Im interested in how you control sound from two swfs, the main loader swf which has the music and plays continually and whilst each level's swf is loaded, plus each level swf which seems to have the sound effects (as in, it must hold the sound effects to be synced to the animation).

Im wondering if anyone knows how to control sound from two separate swfs with the same volume controller. Ive only known sound to be controlled when it loads up into a separate movie clip that then has code on it to control the sound volume, but that wont cover both sources of sound you see.

dg10050
Global Moderator
captain robot

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 01:07:04 pm »

Actually, each individual swf holds the music for its level. You can play an individual swf to play only the level that it contains.
crazyoval
little robot

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 04:25:28 pm »

yes, its clever IMO how the sound for both the level swf and the holding swf are controlled by the same volume controller. wish I knew how to do that.

dg10050
Global Moderator
captain robot

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 08:09:34 pm »

There is no "holding" swf. Each level is in its own independent swf file. When a level is finished, it just runs the next swf. The files run completely independently of each other.
crazyoval
little robot

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 03:28:26 pm »

how do you control two sound sources then? from the main swf and the level swf? an interesting challenge. I think I will see if the newgrounds forum can answer this

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: