Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:59 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost all cones. [was: How do you restart?]  (Read 9890 times)
Jejoma
little robot

« on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:34 am »

I've just bought this game for my iPad2 - fantastic graphics - but have got stuck at the city entrance. My robot has thrown the vital cone away!!

How do I restart the game / close the program? If I switch to another program and return, Machinarium always opens where I left off.

ModComment: changed your subject line for the benefit of other forum visitors with the same question.  ~Alex
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:27:08 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 04:28:03 pm »

Quote from: Jejoma

My robot has thrown the vital cone away!!

It's not possible for your robot to have thrown ALL the cones away.  He is programmed to put the first one he picks up into his inventory.  That's the area along the bottom of your screen.  Look in there.

---------------^

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:07:53 pm by Alex » Logged
Jejoma
little robot

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 05:37:35 pm »

It's not possible for your robot to have thrown ALL the cones away.  He is programmed to put the first one he picks up into his inventory.  That's the area along the bottom of your screen.  Look in there.

It was in there but he somehow managed to get rid of it when he was climbing the lamppost. Starting again would seem the best option but how do I do this?

I have only just got my iPad but closing programs does seem to be a general problem unless the program actually has that option inside it. In the case of Machinarium the option seems to be missing.

P.S. Thanks for making my subject line more understandable.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:39:20 pm by Jejoma » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »

Quote from: Jejoma

It was in there but he somehow managed to get rid of it when he was climbing the lamppost. Starting again would seem the best option but how do I do this?

I don't have an iPAD on which to play Machinarium (I've only seen this video walkthrough someone posted here).
The part with the cones comes at about 3:30 into that video.  Perhaps this is a question of doing things in a specific order.   Huh  Or it could be a bug that Amanita Design should know about.  If you're so inclined you could tell them about your problem via the "Support" form, here: http://amanita-design.net/about.html  Or be patient as a "fix" is in the works.

As for re-starting, I can't help you there.  (i can't imagine why the devs didn't put a "New Game" option at the top of the screen along with the "About", "Save", & "Load" buttons!)

Jejoma
little robot

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:37 pm »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your thoughts. I paid another visit to the developers site and this time found out how to close the program. It's a basic system command on the iPad - the trouble is Apple ship the iPad without any instructions, not even a Quick Start guide. Fine if it's intuitive but it isn't  Angry

For anyone else reading, to close a program:

If you bought iPad2 version of Machinarium and the game is crashing even you have iPad2, please do the following, it should help: Double-tap the home button to see the list of running apps. Press and hold on Machinarium icon and in a moment a little circle with a - in it will appear on every app. Tap the circle on all the apps in the bottom bar to completely close them. Then start the game again.

Pip pip, Jejoma
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: