Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:46 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help! I'm stuck in the Furnace Room but it's not what you think [SOLVED]  (Read 34938 times)
diana
little robot

« on: September 27, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »

I've read the walkthrough and know to get in the bin for the crane to pick me up so i can get to the shelf.
However, i don't see the way to jump onto the shelf. I don't see any cursor, any arrow, any legs, etc. to tap. Tapping near or on or off the shelf doesn't work. Any ideas, or is there a glitch?
thanks
in advance
playing on an ipad 2
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:31:31 am by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:35:04 pm »

Use the momentum you develop when the crane swings past the platform.  (see how your character banks to the left as the mechanism holding him swings past it?)  THAT is when you click on him to jump off.  Timing is IMPORTANT!

And, BTW, that's also the way you will eventually slide into the air vent to the upper right of that scene - by using your momentum as you swing past.  Wink

diana
little robot

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:24 pm »

hmmm well i thought that I had to start trying to click as soon as the critter was pulled up by the crane. but HERE's what happens. He's pulled up and then he's STUCK AT THE TOP.
ihave to click to drop him back into his bin.
now what?
thanks in advance
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:51:39 am »

Quote from: diana

now what?

Use the Walkthroughs (provided in the General Machinarium Topics section) to help you along.
For example, the one that pertains to the furnace is here.

diana
little robot

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 01:49:34 am »

right. As i said, I read that walkthrough. the problem is that once the crane has got the critter up to the ceiling, the crane FREEZES and does not go forward. the only action i can perform is make it drop the critter back into the bin.

can anyone help me? Machinarium folks?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 05:57:34 am »

...the problem is that once the crane has got the critter up to the ceiling, the crane FREEZES and does not go forward. the only action i can perform is make it drop the critter back into the bin.

If the crane lifts the robot up and then stops - it's either because you didn't correctly position the 3 levers in the control box thingie stuck to the side of the boiler or it's a bug that's been mentioned before.

If you're playing in an iPAD2 then you should upgrade to version 1.1 of the game.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:01:50 pm by Alex » Logged
diana
little robot

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:17:16 pm »

thank you. that post was perfect and i am good to go.

!!!
lostinnorfolk
little robot

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 08:30:03 pm »

I am having the same issue as the OP.

PLease can you confirm if it was an update that solved the issue?
I am running the game on my mac and can;t see an update option
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »

Quote from: lostinnorfolk

I am running the game on my mac and can;t see an update option

Sorry for the confusion.  That "update to 1.1" i mentioned to diana was only for the iPAD2 version of the game.  There is no update necessary for your MAC version if you recently obtained it from a reputable distributor.

I suggest that you look at the walkthrough image for that level carefully and make sure that your levers are positioned correctly. ( that's what apparently did it for diana )

lostinnorfolk
little robot

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 07:05:43 pm »

I am doing that exact configuration of levers but still remaining trapped as she described  Sad
lostinnorfolk
little robot

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »

Just tried again and it worked - I have no idea why but thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: