Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:33 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can't move on [3 wrench bug on iPAD2]  (Read 18275 times)
wee mags
little rusty robot

« on: October 03, 2011, 11:50:05 pm »

Hi,

Can anyone help.  After finding two of the wrenches I had to come out of the game, which I saved.  When I went back in they seem to be missing and I have moved on to far and flooded the machine room so can't get the water to turn of, hope this makes sense.  

wee mags  
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:27:08 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:23:54 am »

There's already a thread about the wrench problem (assuming that you're playing on an iPAD).

It's called: "(iPAD) 3 wrench bug?"

BTW, don't forget to upgrade to Version 1.1 of the game.

sonrisa
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 06:59:40 pm »

Hi, I am on an iPAD2 and I already had version 1.1 installed and still had the wrench bug. 2 of them dissappeared and I can't turn the water off now.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 07:22:45 pm »

This '3 wrench' issue keeps stumping some iPAD players over and over again.  And yet there are other players that never had this bug affect them and they've gone on to finish the game.   Huh

I wonder what the common cause of the disappearing wrenches could be.  If you, sonrisa - or anyone else following this thread - could contribute your input, it could be helpful to the devs when they release the next iPAD version.

It looks to me that the players who find a couple of the wrenches and then - for whatever reason - decide to climb the ladder OUT of the scene with the pool to look around, and then climb back down then have wrenches missing from their inventory.

Have I got that right?

sonrisa
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:35:11 am »

I don't remember exactly step by step what I did. I did get the 3 wrenches and placed them at different positions and did go up the ladder to see, if the water was turned off. Came back down, looked at the the big book again, replaced the wrenches (wrong again by the way) and took that "animal" to remove the thing at the bottom as soon as the water started gushing out 2 of the wrenches disappeared.... So yes, for sure I went up the ladder inbetween, I remeber that. I guess, I start over and do everything right - or I'll try.
Awesome game by the way. I am thrilled.

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:50:47 am »

Quote from: sonrisa

...took that "animal" to remove the thing at the bottom as soon as the water started gushing out 2 of the wrenches disappeared....

Wuh?  Wait a minute.  If you used the "animal" to remove the cap at the bottom of the reservoir and now the pool is full of water... what do you need the wrenches for any longer?  Get on with the game!

And, in case you haven't figured it out already, here's a spoiler to show you the next step.

sonrisa
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 07:46:05 am »

Yes, the water filled the room, and the wrenches had disappeared BEVORE I placed them correctly to stop the water.
So: I got the wrenches, placed them incorrectly, went upstairs to check, the water was still on. went back downstairs, placed them (wrong) again and then removed the big thing, so the water would fill the room. Right there 2 wrenches disappeared from the pipes, and I was never able to place them correctly to stop the water and so it just kept gushing.

Either way, I went back a few levels, did it again, placed them correctly right away and finished the game. Thanks.

Mod Comment: sonrisa never followed up (so hopefully that means their problem was resolved) but to anyone else reading this thread, you should know that the current iPAD2 update of Machinarium is at Version 1.2
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:14:20 am by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: