Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:26 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem getting back to FULL screen  (Read 14503 times)
machikunas
little robot

« on: October 09, 2009, 06:11:35 am »

I prepurchased the game on steam and am quite excited about it.  However, I'm playing the steam demo now and I'm having trouble getting it to run in true fullscreen.  It was perfect the first time I opened the demo. Then I stopped for a while, exiting fullscreen in the process. Now when I maximize the window I still see the program header on the top of the screen and the windows bar down on the bottom of the screen. What's the trick to getting it back how it was? I'm using Vista if that somehow matters.  It was so much prettier without the windows bars that I don't want to play further until I can get it back.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:22:53 am by machikunas » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:44:18 am »

There's a menu bar at the bottom of the filled screen that autohides when you don't have cursor hovering over it. There's an option "Fullscreen:" where you can turn the mode On and Off. Hope this helps Wink
machikunas
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 03:26:49 pm »

I can't get the bottom menu bar to pop up.  Weird.  The top menu bar pops up, and everything else seems to run perfectly fine in the game. Hmmm...
machikunas
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 02:34:46 am »

I can't get the bottom menu bar to pop up.  Weird.  The top menu bar pops up, and everything else seems to run perfectly fine in the game. Hmmm...

Anybody have any ideas?  Does the bottom menu work for other people running the steam demo?
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:03:19 am »

I just tried teh STEAM demo and it works great. The bottom bar pops up. Tried to leave your cursor a bit longer at the bottom?
machikunas
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:16:43 pm »

I just tried teh STEAM demo and it works great. The bottom bar pops up. Tried to leave your cursor a bit longer at the bottom?

Thanks, still no luck though.  Were you running it in vista?  I have a hunch vista is to blame, because it's always to blame.
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:19 pm »

this problem is fixed in new version of the demo which will be out soon and it will be also ok in the full version of course. it's a problem only on smaller resolutions - you can't see the menu because it out of your screen. in new version it automaticly switch to 80% size when escaping full screen mode, then you can go back to full screen and set the size back to 100%.

machikunas
little robot

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 06:20:44 am »

this problem is fixed in new version of the demo which will be out soon and it will be also ok in the full version of course. it's a problem only on smaller resolutions - you can't see the menu because it out of your screen. in new version it automaticly switch to 80% size when escaping full screen mode, then you can go back to full screen and set the size back to 100%.

Aaaawwesome.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: