Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:34 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Goo :)  (Read 17062 times)
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« on: October 13, 2009, 09:26:33 pm »

Hi Smiley
Today, the absolutely fantastic-excellent-brilliant-delicious... World of Goo is 1 year old ! Cheesy

And, till Saturday, you can buy the game at the price you want ! Wink If you want to discover or make someone (everyone ?  Grin) discover, nothing better. Wink Here is the game page : http://2dboy.com/games.php  Wink

Let's share these news ! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:28:07 pm by Nicosmos » Logged
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:18:01 am »

Yeah, I picked this up yesterday. When clicking on the Buy Now! link, the next page didn't load and then the whole homepage crashed and wasn't available for hours. Too many people trying to access the website I guess.

But it's all OK today. Just wanted to note that you're not actually buying the game, more like donating an amount of dollars you see fit via Paypal or Credit Card. It can be either 1 cent or 100 dollars (or more) Smiley At the end of the transaction, you get an e-mail containing an option to either gift the copy you just bought to someone else or keep it. This way, there is a reason to buy multiple copies (some for friends or family members, one for yourself).

After you made your decision, a special link will be sent to your inbox where you can download any of the existing versions (Windows, Mac and Linux) DRM-free. If you're having problems receiving your download link (because the servers are overcrowded again), here is a link where you can re-send the confirmation letter to your address: http://worldofgoo.com/manualEmailBot.php
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 01:44:15 pm »

Oh my God! Thanks for the tip! I would feel ashamed though to only give them only 1 cent  Embarrassed
Monko
noble citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 06:34:42 pm »

Don't know why, but I hate this game.
And it's not funny for me, mostly stupid.  Roll Eyes
Don't criticize me  Grin
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 07:02:00 pm »

Not my favorite either. It's a Pontifex rip-off (I had much more fun with that game). Worth a few dollars though.
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 11:05:31 pm »

Don't know why, but I hate this game.
And it's not funny for me, mostly stupid.  Roll Eyes
Don't criticize me  Grin
Must...Not...Criticize...
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 09:45:41 pm »

Results of the Sale:
Pay-What-You-Want Birthday Sale Results

Histogram:

I expected something like that. The article raises some interesting aspects of human psychology.

EDIT: Site seems to be down Sad
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:42:57 pm by popsUlfr » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: