Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:12:36 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Download Machinarium through a normal HTTP port ?  (Read 7625 times)
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« on: October 17, 2009, 02:01:30 pm »

Hi ! Smiley

I've received my download links, however, I access to Internet only through a free WiFi hotspot which allows only some ports and protocols, the most commons. Since the Machinarium download seems to have to be delivered via the 2009 port, and not the standard HTTP port 20, I'm not able to download the game. Sad

Is someone have an idea to get the game through a standart port ?
(I will not buy from Steam nor other stores)

Thanks for your answer,  Wink
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:59:26 pm »

Are there any friends you can ask to download the game for you ASAP?
Might take too long but you can also wait for an official answer on how to add the product key to Steam and download it from there. That way, you can get the DRM as well, for free! Grin

Other than that... visit an internet cafe or library near you and ask the clerks there.
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 03:23:14 pm »

Are there any friends you can ask to download the game for you ASAP?
Yes, but they also use this kind of connexion, or haven't Internet at all. Smiley
Other than that... visit an internet cafe or library near you and ask the clerks there.
There is a library just in front of my apartment block (which is excellent Cheesy), but the only access to Internet they offer is ... the connexion to the same near WiFi hotspot. Grin

But, nevermind, I think a found an other connexion point which allows transfers on exotic ports. I hope it will work. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: