Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:43:30 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 in a row  (Read 61466 times)
Trekis
citizen robot

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 07:06:42 pm »

You are not alone in failing to win Angry
Will soon become gray-haired
Cirdain
little robot

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 07:16:25 pm »

I guess he gives you what you need for the last musician.. the tall one, right? Or does he simply give you money?

Well, it doesn't matter, actually. I still can't beat him, lol.

Start in a corner! And continue from there on, watch horizontal, vertical, diagonal alignment of your opponent. Immediately block it if it gets 4 in a row (of course you can block it before), continue like that and try to align the needed 5. Good luck!

If you succeed it actually gives you nothing, it just gets angry and spills some bolts. Tongue

So if he doesn't give you a thing, why do we have to beat him in the first place? ARGH. We just did a draw.

I took a look at the hint book thing and it had a frame after you win he throw stuff around the room. You have to go around the room and pick the bolts up the give it to the 2nd musician. It's just I need to finish the 5 in a row which is ridiculously hard.
blop
citizen robot

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 07:20:51 pm »

Very hard indeed. I still haven't beated him, haha..
death-like
citizen robot

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 07:23:28 pm »

im uploading a video explaining how to beat 5-in-a-row
blop
citizen robot

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 07:25:24 pm »

I finally did it. Whew... Haha.
Genjin
citizen robot

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 07:27:59 pm »

Still on it Sad
Trekis
citizen robot

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 07:29:39 pm »

How?
blop
citizen robot

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 07:41:19 pm »

How?

By luck, my friend, but I have to admin that death-like's method helped me, in a way.
Trekis
citizen robot

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »

Fond this on youtube, took five or six attempts before I managed to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m6NhwjFuXU
Cirdain
little robot

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 07:49:40 pm »

The game has to be played with open threes. By that I mean that you must constantly attempt to connect three nuts that are open on both ends. He will continue to block your moves but as soon as he slips up you can make an open four and there is no way to block that because another piece on either end will win the game for you. It sounds a little harder than it is. When my friend was telling me this strategy (he is an avid player of the game in real life) I thought it sounded a little vague but I beat the computer on the 3rd try when I used that as an active game strategy. So I hope that helps.
Genjin
citizen robot

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 08:40:50 pm »

Got it now too, thanks to the video. Thank you guys!
gigerlized
little robot

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 08:28:28 pm »

It worked Cheesy
Penty
little rusty robot

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 11:16:16 pm »

I'm sorry, making this game a mandatory exercise is a very poor game design decision.  This will be the last game I buy from this company.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 11:18:53 am »

I'm sorry, making this game a mandatory exercise is a very poor game design decision.  This will be the last game I buy from this company.

Just because you come come across a minigame that's somewhat harder you'd call it poor game design? It's much more satisfying when you finally master a tricky part but that's only my opinion.
And this is no company but an Independant Developer.
Bio
noble citizen robot

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 11:48:24 am »

I think you're a newbie of videogames...if you define Machinarium as poor of game design. Do you have took a look around?
Otherwise maybe you like games "all gore no brain", considering you don't like the challenge and you've said "mandatory exercise".
So i tell you this: i've played a lot of games, some of these are considered milestones (Quake, Half-Life, Doom, Unreal,Diablo,Warcraft, WoW,etc,etc) and i have appreciated them very much, but we are talking about companies investing millions $.
Well, in my opinion Amanita has done a great job with few people and not so much $.
I'm not the defence attorney of Amanita, i just support a team which deserves it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: