Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:15 am

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "Pay what you want for Botanicula and save the rainforest"  (Read 32075 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« on: April 19, 2012, 07:30:16 pm »

http://www.botanicula.net now has an active BUY button...
which takes you to:  http://www.humblebundle.com/

and, as a bonus: "Soundtracks are included with Botanicula, Machinarium, and Samorost 2!"

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:04:56 pm by Alex » Logged
Stephen1212
little robot

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:03 pm »

So what you are saying is I am a fool for preordering off GoG.com and I should have waited to get it for half price, with the soundtrack plus the soundtrack to Machinarium and Samorost 2 aswell as my 2nd or 3rd key for each of those.

Its a kind kick in the teeth for anyone who preordered or bought at full price, its not the price, its that you get more for paying less!
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:39:49 pm »

Oh my goodness! This is amazing, I've no words... you're the best Jakub Wink And all those extras thrown in!
Does the Kooky movie have subtitles? Other languages besides english?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:50:21 pm »

Holy cow, that is awesome! Wow. =D =D =o)

Edit: Just bought it for $25.00 to show my support. =o) Hoping the bundle does exceedingly well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:31:33 pm by Lamkin » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 08:32:25 pm »

So what you are saying is I am a fool for preordering off GoG.com and I should have waited to get it for half price, with the soundtrack plus the soundtrack to Machinarium and Samorost 2 aswell as my 2nd or 3rd key for each of those.

Its a kind kick in the teeth for anyone who preordered or bought at full price, its not the price, its that you get more for paying less!

I see where you're coming from but if you chose to pre-order the game you had the intention to help/support the indie developer behind it, and you did just that. Now you may pay what you want for this nice bundle and support a good cause in the process. I think this is a Win Win situation, since you could basically get it cheap and consider it further bonus content and help charity of course.
John Herbert
little robot

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 09:29:23 pm »

I'll pay the full price at the "pay what you want" What is the full price???
John Herbert
little robot

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 09:33:30 pm »

Holy cow, that is awesome! Wow. =D =D =o)

Edit: Just bought it for $25.00 to show my support. =o) Hoping the bundle does exceedingly well.

dang, I was gonna go 20. looks like  I go 25.99   Grin

to digress: btw, I already purchased Machinarium and Samorost 2 a long while ago, I can't remember if there were actually keys
for them,  or simply full downloads for the games... hmm
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:12:51 pm by jmh » Logged
gnubelebung
little robot

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 10:11:41 pm »

I preordered Botanica on GOG, too, because I really enjoyed Machinarium (although it was done in Flash Lips sealed) and some of your web-based flash games. But this feels like a quite disrespectful move towards your customers.

Anyway, I'm going to get a refund on GOG, get the full Humble Bundle and give a lot of that money to charity, I guess. Please act with a little more consideration when coming up with deals like this, as it does not put you in a particularly good light.
John Herbert
little robot

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »

btw, what is Steam Key? Doesn't look like it is necessary to play Botanicula.

BTW part two, I paid 20 for Machinarium a while back, I think it's 10 now.... but that's the Digital Life!
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:03:53 pm »

btw, what is Steam Key? Doesn't look like it is necessary to play Botanicula.

BTW part two, I paid 20 for Machinarium a while back, I think it's 10 now.... but that's the Digital Life!

The Steam key is for registering the games on the Steam Platform if you want them on your Steam account. Instead of a Web interface like Humble Bundle or Gog.com you get a client where you can then proceed to download your games on.
blackus
little rusty robot

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

Looks great! Have you thought about adding desura keys as well?
Anmaste
little robot

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 11:59:58 pm »

I bought Botanicula and it says it can't open with my MAC OS X Version. First I thought it has got something to do with the ending .app But then I tried machinarium and this works. So does anybody has an idea what the problem is and how it can be solved? I'd really like to play this game!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:06:51 am by Anmaste » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 12:17:36 am »

I bought Botanicula and it says it can't open with my MAC OS X Version. First I thought it has got something to do with the ending .app But then I tried machinarium and this works. So does anybody has an idea what the problem is and how it can be solved? I'd really like to play this game!!

It may have something to do with Adobe AIR not being installed. Click on the link and try to install it then retry to run the game.
Anmaste
little robot

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 12:44:39 am »

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:48:12 am by Anmaste » Logged
Anmaste
little robot

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 12:46:28 am »

It may have something to do with Adobe AIR not being installed. Click on the link and try to install it then retry to run the game.

I guess that's it. Because I even can't open the latest Adobe Air version after download. So maybe now I have to buy an expensive new iLive version or something like this.  But thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: