Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:38:03 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Youtube gameplay  (Read 7482 times)
Krychla
little robot

« on: April 21, 2012, 01:36:23 pm »

Hi, quick question: Is is ok to make a guide for solving puzzles and put it on youtube?
Fishbait
little robot

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:31:56 pm »

Good luck

Tried recording with Fraps & Dxtory to show mate the game, but some problem with overlay, similar to the Steam thing.
Krychla
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:12:12 pm »

I am more worried about copyright. Developers are mostly ok with videos (just look how many starcraft/dota/whatever videos are on youtube) but some may not and I don't want to receive strongly worded letter, so I am just asking to be sure.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »

Hi Krychla,
None of the moderators here (myself included) are on the Amanita Design development team, so we can't authorize or forbid anything other than what shows up here on the forum.

But - that having been said - I personally don't see a problem with you recording a run through of Botanicula for YouTube.  I've lost count of how many Machinarium and Samorost 1&2 walkthrough videos are out there and I have never heard a complaint from JD or anyone else at Amanita Design.

However, if you try to make money from your video we'll have to send The Brute Squad to collect our fair share.   Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: