Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:03 am

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to get oilcan to dog  (Read 35226 times)
travistee33
citizen robot

« on: October 17, 2009, 07:23:17 pm »

I'm in the "control tower" and the control panel is displayed. I pressed the right button 4 times so it points southeast on the compass. I try to press the top button 7 times so the display on the left is correct, but the top button does not do anything. Can someone help?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:29:39 pm by travistee33 » Logged
meintevds
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 07:31:09 pm »

As you may notice some of the lights on the panel are missing. This means the floating oil drum can't move there. So try to find a direction which has a lightbulb and might work for your idea.
travistee33
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »

I cannot get it to move anywhere, the 12 o'clock light is lit, but i cannot get any of the other lights to come on - it's like the top button

does not work, it does not change anything. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.
illBeRoy
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 07:51:10 pm »

A little of a spoiler for the puzzle:
The lightbulbs on the panel represent possible positions relative to the initial one. Meaning that if the oil can is on 12 o'clock, you have to bring it back to the center before you send it to any other direction.
Hope that helped you
travistee33
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 07:55:31 pm »

Thanks, but what control makes the oil can move?
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:01:49 pm »

Thanks, but what control makes the oil can move?

The "Play" button does.
travistee33
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 08:07:24 pm »

Where is the "play" button? I understand what I'm supposed to do, but I can't get the oilcan to move from it's original position.

The top button does nothing if clicked on, no matter what position the compass is at.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 08:13:04 pm »

Where is the "play" button? I understand what I'm supposed to do, but I can't get the oilcan to move from it's original position.

The top button does nothing if clicked on, no matter what position the compass is at.

Yep it's the top button. If it doesn't move then the direction is somehow wrong/not allowed. You are certain you tried all of them? North should definitely work, starting from the initial position otherwise I don't know.
travistee33
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:23:10 pm »

Yeah, I can,t get any other light to light up(only the 12 o;clock original position). Before I even climbed the ladder to the control panel, I

looked at the hint book. I pressed the right button 4 times to point the compass southeast, then I pressed the top button 7 times to

get the oilcan to move. When I pressed the top button 7 times, no lights changed on the left control panel (the one with some lights

missing).

The top button causes no light change on the left - is this normal?
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 08:27:25 pm »

To be honest I completely ignored the lights on the left. Didn't know it had any significance at all, I just tried to first set the direction to east for it to join the other side. Didn't work so I tried South and finally south-east.
travistee33
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 08:31:15 pm »

Thanks for all the help.

When I click on the top button, it does not "depress", like it's not doing anything. Oilcan does not move no matter what I do.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 08:36:55 pm »

Sorry for this. I would replay that part to find out what's blocking but I'm not on my game computer right now. Not sure if this is of any importance but between direction changing and moving I've occasionally clicked on the oil button, you may try that one out.
travistee33
citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:36 pm »

Thanks, I will give that a try, I'm just really stuck!
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 09:33:47 pm »

I've got exactly the same problem as travistee33, and the oil button made no difference for me.

Is it possible just to reset a screen so it's exactly as it was before?
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 10:07:48 pm »

Yeah, I can,t get any other light to light up(only the 12 o;clock original position). Before I even climbed the ladder to the control panel, I

looked at the hint book. I pressed the right button 4 times to point the compass southeast, then I pressed the top button 7 times to

get the oilcan to move. When I pressed the top button 7 times, no lights changed on the left control panel (the one with some lights

missing).

The top button causes no light change on the left - is this normal?
As somebody already stated you have to get the light to the center first. Meaning that if your light is on 12 o'clock you must point the compass to SOUTH press play and only after the central light lights up proceed with moving the light to southeast.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:10:34 pm by madeye » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: