Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:06:31 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retina Display Support for iPad 3 (New iPad)?  (Read 16120 times)
sshah1230
little robot

« on: April 22, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »

Hello - I can't wait to get Machinarium for the iPad as I've finally purchased one, but I wanted to contact the forum area to see if/when it will see retina support as I didn't want to invest in it without that!

Please write back as soon as you can! Thank you!
sagar
sshah1230
little robot

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »

Please write back as soon as you can! Very curious about this!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:40 pm »

@sshah1230,
You seem VERY anxious about this "retina" iPad issue...
I'm sorry but there are other issues that are occupying the Amanita Design Team right now so you'll just have to waitfor Fukushima#4 to blow and destroy this Planet

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:55:17 pm by Alex » Logged
Rutlander
little robot

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 02:22:55 pm »

Have exact same problem on iPad 4, and am now pretty p'd off I bought this game. It really doesn't work on iPad. Waste of money. Same, I used to love aminita games, but I don't think they should sell games for devices which they know can't run them properly. Bit of a scam really.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:53:44 pm »

I wanted to contact the forum area to see if/when [Machinarium] will see retina support as I didn't want to invest in it without that!

Have exact same problem on iPad 4, and am now pretty p'd off I bought this game.

It's understandable that you're upset that Machinarium won't work on your iPad, Rutlander, but I'm honestly not seeing how lack of support for the Retina display has anything to do with the problems you're having.

[Machinarium] really doesn't work on iPad.

I mentioned this in your other thread....I have an iPad 4, and the game runs perfectly. Not sure why your iPad won't run it properly. You might try deleting and then reinstalling the app.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:32:32 am by Lamkin » Logged
JakeTse
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:36 am »

I have the 12.9 inch iPad Pro and when I start the app, the display seems not right, it just looks like a mess. Anyone has come across such a situation? Please help! Is this a problem only with iPad models with Retina Display?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 05:57:34 pm »

Hmm... Well, it seems Retina is a somewhat confusing term where the most important criterion is pixel density, or how many pixels per inch a given screen has, rather than the overall resolution. For example, the iPhone 4, the first Retina display, had a resolution of only 960 x 640. And on my old 4S (has the same resolution as the 4), Machinarium doesn’t display full screen—there are little horizontal bars running the length of both the top and bottom of the screen:

It's similar on my iPhone 7 Plus, but the bars are on the sides:

And I also have an iPad 6...the display size is 9.7”, and Machinarium has those black bars on the top and bottom of the screen:

So my assumption is that you’re referring to a similar issue, and perhaps those black bars on the top and bottom are even thicker when playing on a 12.9-inch iPad Pro, and maybe even with black bars on the sides as well. If so, I believe that's just a limitation of the game itself; even the PC version of the game looked like that when the game was released initially, as the maximum resolution was 1250 x 790. The developer explains this in more detail in this post:
http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=175.msg610#msg610
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 07:23:58 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: