Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:53:52 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game refuses to display at appropriate resolution. [Windows 7]  (Read 12239 times)
PoshGamer
little rusty robot

« on: May 03, 2012, 05:51:49 pm »

I just installed 'Machinarium' and when I tried to play it, the game showed some very strange effects as if it was squashed into the top, and there were just a load of random lines drawn.

However, when i went into properties and made it run in 640x480 resolution and then everything seemed fine, except that the sides of the game were cut off.

I run windows 7.

Does anyone know how to fix this as I haven't been able to play this game yet and am really keen to get started.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:35:54 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:54:03 pm »

Quote from: PoshGamer
when i went into properties and made it run in 640x480 resolution and then everything seemed fine, except that the sides of the game were cut off.

Try out one (or both) of these suggestions...

From the topic: Hotspot problem in Machinarium [Windows7 display settings fix]
Quote: "right-click on the Machinarium short-cut (or exe) and go to 'compatibility mode'  Under this section, turn on 'Disable display scaling on High DPI settings' (the bottom option)"

Or this, from the topic: Machinarium doesn't work properly [Windows 7 specific advice]
Quote: "The problem is the Windows 7 font size.  If I  set it to "Smaller (100%) default" (Control Panel/Display) AND disable Flash hardware acceleration, the game scales correctly to my screen area and works properly.  With font size set at "Larger (150%)", it doesn't work."

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:30:29 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: