Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:22 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worm maze chase (how to outsmart the worm and give yourself more time)  (Read 38217 times)
BCB
little robot

« on: May 15, 2012, 08:41:10 pm »

Hi,

I have found a solution for extracting the star from the maze that affords somewhat more time than the direct solution.  I don't want to spoil the joy of discovery for others, so I won't post the details unless asked, but I do want to give some hope to those others who are frustrated (like I was and still am) with this cursor dexterity test under time pressure.  The alternate solution is still a cursor dexterity test, but with a bit less time pressure.

Hint: You pursue this solution by using a special feature of the maze very near to the worm's cave...

I wonder if our friends at Amanita would like to comment if this is an intentional feature or a "bug"?  :-)

BCB
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:16:12 am by BCB » Logged
lizzieSA
little robot

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

I've been stuck here for AGES please can i have this alternative solution! just don't have the dexterity and i only have a touchpad... i have tried, promise Smiley
BCB
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING

I'm not sure if this solution is part of the puzzle design, and I don't want to spoil the joy of discovery for someone who may want to find this solution themselves. That said, here is what worked for me...

Take the star and go around the 'loop' in the maze near the cave. The worm will follow you but you will have a bit of a head start. Don't let the worm catch you, and take the star back to the cave. Move the star to the upper-right in the cave. The worm will return but won't see the star. It will then turn around and start for the open end of the maze.

Follow the worm with the star. When the worm gets to the open end, it will scare the 5 friends, then it will turn around and RACE back to the cave. The trick is to put the star in one of the dead end alleys near the entrance before the worm turns around. It will go by without seeing the star. Move the star to the entrance and the friends will rejoice. That completes the level. There is still some time pressure, but it's not nearly as bad as being chased by the worm.

Good luck! I hope this helps you. Enjoy the rest of the game!
lizzieSA
little robot

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:38:53 am »

oh my goodness THANK YOU! this still took a good few goes to get right, but i am now able to continue the game - relief!!! thanks so much Smiley
BCB
little robot

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 12:31:23 am »

You are very welcome! I'm glad this was of help to you.
BCB
little robot

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 03:57:04 pm »

Hello All,

I haven't been around to this forum for quite some time, and I was delighted to see my original post pinned by the mods.  I hope the solution I described there has been helpful to others.

I would love to hear from someone on the team at Amanita about whether this solution was deliberately designed into the game, or is just a happy accident.  It would be nice to know that.  Thanks very much!

BCB
JAAS666
little rusty robot

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 02:52:04 am »

Had to uninstall this game after 5 hours trying this... it was either uninstalling the game or throwing the laptop ouy the window.

It's a shame I'm such an uncordinated mess since I was really liking the game.
Reenie
little robot

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 05:59:01 pm »

I am about to do the same thing: quit playing Botanicula. This game is so unique and enjoyable as an explore-and-solve genre. I don't understand why the game designers inserted timed arcade-type sequences into it. Usually, those two components (puzzle vs. action) are separated into different game genre. I know my hubby hates it when one of his action games inserts a puzzle to be solved!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: