Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:08:14 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maze malfunction... [SOLVED]  (Read 11691 times)
mrlemonyfresh
little robot

« on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:11 pm »

Hello, I killed all the red guys but the counter says '3' and there are absolutely no guys left. I checked like 3 times. I know I can't save without redoing the whole puzzle so I ONLY WANT TO TRY ONE MORE TIME. preferably I would just cheat my way ahead because this crap, buggy, little mini game is the bane of an otherwise very clever and interesting game. I've already had to redo it a few times because my guys got stuck between a red guy and wall on several occasions!

I believe the only instance I can find of someone else with this problem on the forum was left UN-answered.

is this a patch or something that might fix the bug? please let me know a fix.

I'm running it on windows 7 64bit.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:45:30 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:08:26 pm »

Quote from: mrlemonyfresh

I'm running it on windows 7 64bit.

You didn't say what version of the game you're playing so dunno if you need a patch.

Also, you might want to look at this topic re: Hotspot problems in Machinarium running on Windows7.
"the solution was to right-click on the Machinarium short-cut (or exe) and go to 'compatibility mode'  Under this section, turn on 'Disable display scaling on High DPI settings' (the bottom option)"

mrlemonyfresh
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 02:20:45 am »

Yes but this guy had a problem calibration wise while I'm having a game code bug of some kind. I haven't patched it yet, I'll look for one now; it was 1am when I posted the original post.

EDIT: ok after a quick search it turns out that games bought after 2010 like mine should work fine(based on the little '2010 on the back'). But I don't know how to check for sure which version mine is. In game under the info it says 'copyright 2009'.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:31:15 am by mrlemonyfresh » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »

Quote from: mrlemonyfresh

Yes but this guy had a problem calibration wise while I'm having a game code bug of some kind....

And yet you wrote: "my guys got stuck between a red guy and wall on several occasions" which, in my book, teeters on the border of a "calibration problem".  So I reiterate my suggestion that you go ahead and give the "solution" a try to see if that helps. ( keep in mind: that the 'brain maze' episode is meant to replicate low-rez/Pac Man era video games, so disabling display scaling on High DPI settings may be just the thing to solve your problem... not to mention that the game was built on a 32bit Windows platform and you're trying to play it at 64bit )

Otherwise you can follow the instructions in the Shared Machinarium .sol Files thread and load the save point called "Bar Basement" (which will put you PAST the brain maze).

In addition, as far as I know, your 2010 disk (Mamba Collector's Edition?) does not require the patches.  ( but there's the link in case you want to give it a go anyway )

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:39:51 am by Alex » Logged
mrlemonyfresh
little robot

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 09:54:16 am »

Ahh, thank you this is a great reply =) I'll try what you've said and failing that I'll grab the save file.

EDIT: I finished the game! not sure how but the dpi fixed the last 3 enemy glitch for me =)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:15:06 pm by mrlemonyfresh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: