Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:13:08 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I play Botanicula?  (Read 18003 times)
scottcitron
little robot

« on: June 09, 2012, 12:24:34 am »

I just paid $10 for a game that comes with no instructions or rules for play. Nothing! Angry
Can somebody give me some help? Please?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:15:48 am »

Search YouTube for the term "botanicula play" and watch some of the videos out there showing how the game is played.  
You'll instantly get the hang of it.

scottcitron
little robot

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 05:56:35 pm »

Are you kidding?

I have to find out how to play Botanicula by watching videos on YouTube? You mean the developers couldn't have included this information with the game? Remind me to NEVER buy another game from Amanita Design.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:07 pm »

Quote from: scottcitron

Are you kidding?

I have to find out how to play Botanicula by watching videos on YouTube? You mean the developers couldn't have included this information with the game? Remind me to NEVER buy another game from Amanita Design.

Actually, I thought YOU were kidding.  WTF buys a game without first knowing what they're getting?  And who hasn't played a point and click game before?  Sounded to me like you were just trolling for some attention.  But you asked for "some help" and I gave it to you.  You're welcome.

scottcitron
little robot

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 08:34:02 pm »

I bought this game based on a recommendation. Sounded great. But without a downloadable demo to try, how would I be expected to know what I was getting? And without instructions built-into the game, how would I know how to play or use it? Why do I have to search the Web for this kind of information? This isn't the responsibility of the buyer, but of the seller. Regardless, thanks for your attempt to help. I contacted Apple and they refunded my purchase.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 12:37:59 am »

Hrm. Instructions? Yeah, most point-and-click games don't have instructions. My guess is you aren't familiar with point-and-click games in general (which is okay, of course). And no, Alex wasn't implying that you'd need to watch videos on YouTube. All I would (should, I guess) have said to you was that the basic idea of the game is that you need to collect items or search for certain things in order to progress; that's it, basically. In the first part, for example, you need to find a few feathers.

Well, maybe one of these days you'll buy the game again and give it another try. =)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:49:45 am by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:28:04 am »

I bought this game based on a recommendation. Sounded great. But without a downloadable demo to try, how would I be expected to know what I was getting?

For what it's worth Amanita Design have released a DEMO so that others can try before they buy.  Glad to hear you got a refund!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:48:51 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: