Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:06:26 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worm Maze  (Read 20319 times)
leone63057
little robot

« on: June 10, 2012, 10:57:00 pm »

This puzzle is like a pimple on a cherubs ass. In my opinion the mood it creates, at least for me, is entirely abstracted from the rest of this wonderfuly serene environment. I have looked at the spoiler to follow the worm instead of be chased and have attempted twice but the 'panic' it is creating is making me not want to continue this amazing game. Anyone else experiencing this? PLEASE send me a saved game after solved somebody! @ XXX.XXX  Thank you. UGH!

Mod Edit: It's not a good idea to post your email address on ANY forum as there are programs on The Internet called "scrapers" or "harvesters" that sift through forums like ours trying to obtain valid email addresses that can be bundled and sold to spammers.  Don't worry leone63057, someone will eventually post a saved game for you so that you can continue. ~A
P.S. "like a pimple on a cherub's ass"... HA!  great metaphor %~)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:19:55 am by Alex » Logged
leone63057
little robot

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:12:55 pm »

Thanks A, so disturbed am I, that I am willing to risk attack from spammers, just to get myself away from that damn, horrid worm. Honestly, and I have read this in a few reviews as well, this tiny portion of the game absolutely ruins the atmosphere for some players. I'm sure not the majority however, but honestly, every time I go to attempt and almost make it out of that damn maze I am so filled with anxiety that I have to wait hours... sorry to be such a wus but if anyone has a solution to just make it go away and allow me to continue on my way it would be greatly appreciated!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:39:54 am »

I don't know why I didn't remember this sooner.  ( D'OH! )

We already have several posts concerning the Worm Maze, and one contains a saved game slot immediately following the successful completion of the maze problem.
You'll find it here: "Stuck at Worm Maze Chase [SOLVED]"

There was also this post: "Worm maze chase (how to outsmart the worm and give yourself more time)" which doesn't contain a post-maze saved game slot but presents an alternative approach to solving the puzzle.

Good luck!
~A
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:55:12 am by Lamkin » Logged
leone63057
little robot

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 04:31:23 am »

Thanks A, the saved game doesn't seem to be downloadable and even following the worm has me shaking. Ridiculous. I'll suffer through it at some point but for now I'll just step away from the game! Besides, a saved game won't put me back exactly where I was anyway, it'll be where someone else already was. thanks again. Paul
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:10:54 am »

I just took a quick look at those save game links I directed you to and EDIT: indeed, dweezil's link ( contained in the first post of the "Stuck at Worm Maze Chase [SOLVED]" thread ) is dead.

Ah, I took TOO "quick" of a look!  Dweezil's link is there, so you must have meant Brightington_III's link when you wrote "the saved game doesn't seem to be downloadable".  Either way, no matter whose .bin file we talk about, I do understand your wish not to resume play from where someone else left off.  Sorry for confusing matters.  ~Alex

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 04:56:18 am by Alex » Logged
areyouboo
little robot

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 07:07:29 pm »

Hello all,
i'm having the exact same problem and it's making really frustrated. Alas, the link to the saved game is dead. Could someone please email me a save game right after the worm maze??

It would be much appreciated!!!

Regards Smiley
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 07:58:51 pm »

Quote from: areyouboo

Alas, the link to the saved game is dead. Could someone please email me a save game right after the worm maze??

Too bad about the dead link.  We'll post a saved game slot in the Botanicula on Mac board.

Meantime, did you try BCB's solution: http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=3875.msg11523.html
You may end up solving the maze that way...

Quote: Take the star and go around the 'loop' in the maze near the cave. The worm will follow you but you will have a bit of a head start. Don't let the worm catch you, and take the star back to the cave. Move the star to the upper-right in the cave. The worm will return but won't see the star. It will then turn around and start for the open end of the maze.

Follow the worm with the star. When the worm gets to the open end, it will scare the 5 friends, then it will turn around and RACE back to the cave. The trick is to put the star in one of the dead end alleys near the entrance before the worm turns around. It will go by without seeing the star. Move the star to the entrance and the friends will rejoice. That completes the level. There is still some time pressure, but it's not nearly as bad as being chased by the worm.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:51:53 am by Lamkin » Logged
areyouboo
little robot

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:33 pm »

Thanks for your fast reply. I'll keep trying this solution but so far i'm still unable to get it done. It might be my mouse configuration or just the fact that i'm clumsy as hell but truth is the damn star keeps getting stuck every few inches and the worm is just too fast. Truly annoying part of an otherwise very relaxing game!!

Anyway, i'll keep trying but looking forward to your posting of the saved game.

Thanks again!!
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 07:13:06 am »

Anyway, i'll keep trying but looking forward to your posting of the saved game.
Here's the link to the saved game: http://cl.ly/JfgC

On a Mac, the file path for your saves folder is:
Code:
{YourHomeFolder}/Library/Application Support/Amanita Design/Botanicula

So, locate that folder and replace it with the one you're downloading. Saved in slot 5. Hope that helps you out, areyouboo. =)

Note that the user's Library folder is hidden from view by default in Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and above. If you're using 10.7 or above, this link will tell you how to find (or unhide) your Library folder:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20082044-263/os-x-lion-where-did-my-library-go/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:54:35 am by Lamkin » Logged
areyouboo
little robot

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:37:22 am »

Thank you so much for your time!!

Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: