Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:11 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem saving game [Trend Micro antivirus blocking saves on Windows 7]  (Read 21613 times)
Ken
little robot

« on: June 12, 2012, 01:45:58 am »

I've just downloaded the game from Bundle, and I can't save.  When I try to save the box stays blank, and when I click on it again it asks if I want to save over what is there.  I then have to cancel out of it.  If I then close the game andre-open it I only get as far as the splash screen then the screen goes black.  If I delete all save games I can sometimes start the game a second time, and occasionally save once.  Then the same thing happens.  Occasionally "resume game" has worked, but my feathers all disappear, though I'm brought back to the same spot.

Please help, it's a great game, but no good if I can't save.  I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:34:47 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 03:14:27 am »

Sounds like the game got corrupted during download.  Try re=downloading and trying again with the new copy.

Ken
little robot

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 03:48:44 am »

I'm afraid I've already done that and checked the md5 code too. Any other possibilities?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 07:27:34 am »

How about trying this?

"...on Windows 7, the solution was to right-click on the Machinarium BOTANICULA short-cut (or exe) and go to 'compatibility mode'.  Under this section, turn on 'Disable display scaling on High DPI settings' (the bottom option)"

Or maybe you need to make a selection in the "Run this program in compatibility mode for..." option?  ( try selecting XP maybe? )

I know it doesn't sound like these suggestions should work but give them a go anyway just for the heck of it.  Other than messing with those EXE properties I'm sorry but I can't think of what else could possibly be causing such abnormal behavior in your saved games functionality.

Ken
little robot

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 10:53:39 pm »

After much tearing of hair I found the solution.  The problem was my antivirus (Trend Micro provided by Virgin Media).  I had to switch it off when installing and when playing the game.  Thanks for your advice, and I hope this helps someone else.  Your solution has been stickied.  Thanks for your input! ~A

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:36:25 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: