Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:20:07 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Level 4: Boiler Room [SOLVED]  (Read 32107 times)
Bindibadgi
little robot

« on: October 18, 2009, 01:27:09 am »

I'm stuck here:

http://www.richardswinburne.net/NA/machinarium-level4.jpg (not IMG'd to prevent spoilers)

I absolutely CANNOT swing across onto the platform. The paper tells me to swing. The walkthru tells me to swing, and I'm up in the swinging position but all I can do is click to drop down. I've scoured every mm of the level but there's no click available!?  Huh

TIA
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:00:54 pm by Alex » Logged
Ian
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 01:31:05 am »

You have to be moving in order to swing - you have other things on this level to do before you are able to do that

Spread the Word NOT the Game
Bindibadgi
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 01:36:38 am »

Sorry I should have been more specific: I cannot get onto the platform. The walkthrough book shows that I should just be able to wiggle myself across, but I cant, I just hang there.

EDIT: Just did it. You have to be REALLY quick to click in the right place as he's being elevated. Not so logical, just more lucky. Shame, because none of the other parts of this or previous games required that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:57:47 am by Bindibadgi » Logged
Guybrush Threepwood
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:19:27 pm »

Where is the right place to click? I can't get him to swing at all, he just hangs there?
gbuell
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:22:26 pm »

you need to get the claw's sequence right - spin, drop, spin. you can only jump off while it's spinning.
rebl
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:19:14 am »

How did you get up there in the first place?  Embarrassed
ivi
captain robot

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 11:42:44 am »

First arrange the claw sequence as mentioned above - spin, drop, spin, then pull the lever and get into the little wagon.
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 02:21:03 pm »

Sorry I should have been more specific: I cannot get onto the platform. The walkthrough book shows that I should just be able to wiggle myself across, but I cant, I just hang there.

EDIT: Just did it. You have to be REALLY quick to click in the right place as he's being elevated. Not so logical, just more lucky. Shame, because none of the other parts of this or previous games required that.
If you "just hang there" then you aren't in the right position. You have to get machine to spin you around the boiler first. And no, you don't have to be that quick.
rebl
little robot

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 06:36:09 pm »

Ok, I'm stupid. I have it to spin-drop-spin (1. down-2. up-3.down). What have I did wrong?
drooopy
little rusty robot

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 05:16:21 pm »

I have the same problem  Huh
machinejam
citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 03:19:27 pm »

You have to set the control panel of the claw to let it
1. spin round the oven (that's low on the control panel, I think - you see the circling arrow symbol there)
2. lower itself down above the mine waggon (that's high on the control panel,  - you see the down arrow symbol)  to pick you up
3. spin once more.
On this spin, right after you've been lifted up, and before the claw starts a new round, you will have to click for your jump onto the little platform.

And yes, the sensitive area where you can give the side-swing-click is small; the moment, where you can do it is short.
pcartermundi
little robot

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 08:00:08 am »

Great help. Thanks. I had drop, spin, drop. Idiot!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: