Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:38:02 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The game is a masterpiece  (Read 57045 times)
catso
little robot

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 03:12:35 am »

Everything is excellent. It brought me a 5-hour beautiful trip. Please make Machinarium 2 and please make the puzzles much harder.
ryb
little rusty robot

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 06:19:58 am »

Agreed, enjoyed every second of it  Cheesy
alt_georgios
little robot

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 04:49:52 pm »

One of the best games I have ever played. Thanks Amanita  Grin
Semiao
citizen robot

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 06:21:56 pm »

Everything is excellent. It brought me a 5-hour beautiful trip. Please make Machinarium 2 and please make the puzzles much harder.
Wy make the puzzles harder when you have the book? Really in my opinion this game was fantastic in some aspects, but when it comes to puzzle dificult it disapoints me a bit :S. I didnt liked the fact that u can use that book to solve the puzzles, if there was no book the game could be more frustrating, but way more dificult and emense, like instead of taking 6 hours to finnish it you would take way more.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:26:17 pm by Semiao » Logged
madeye
captain robot

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »

Wy make the puzzles harder when you have the book? Really in my opinion this game was fantastic in some aspects, but when it comes to puzzle dificult it disapoints me a bit :S. I didnt liked the fact that u can use that book to solve the puzzles, if there was no book the game could be more frustrating, but way more dificult and emense, like instead of taking 6 hours to finnish it you would take way more.
The general idea of the hintbook was in my opinion to make the game accessible to large audiences while keeping it challenging enough for even skilled players to enjoy. And they even added the annoying minigame to neutralize the eventuality of irrational choice to use the walkthrough too soon. If you're desperate enough to play through the minigame you would probably peek into some online walkthrough anyway. Which is an alternative connected with the unpleasant chance you'll (purposely or not) read more then you need. Honestly I think that Amanita chose the optimal path in this regard.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:18:42 pm by madeye » Logged
iakchos
citizen robot

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 08:11:14 pm »

OK, i`m not throug yet, and i wanted not to watch this forum since im finished.

but truely: you amanita guys just kick me out of my socks. this is true art. and not only that the graphics are amazing (as we saw earlier) but also the gameplay, puzzles, logics, etc. are such well performed. simply the best game in this category ever played (after samarost)

catso
little robot

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 12:41:19 am »

I didn't use the hintbook to solve puzzles. Imho, the puzzles are still a little bit too straight forward even without the book. I love this game as a whole, but for the puzzle part I prefer Myst much more.
ivi
captain robot

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 01:57:29 am »

There's about as many people who find the puzzles a tad bit too easy as those who think they're a bit too hard. Knowing that it is impossible to please everyone I think Amanita Design have hit the right spot with this one Smiley
allenfr
little rusty robot

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 03:54:13 am »

I agree. Best money I've spent on a game in a long time.
bulroarer
little rusty robot

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 11:07:04 am »

I've just finished the game and absolutely loved it! I thought that the difficulty level was pitched perfectly (for me at least!) as I frequently got stuck but when that happened I just walked away and came back later. It's amazing what a little break can do for the brain cells...

I think its greatest achievement is the completely cohesive world that is created. From the moment you first build your little robot and then through the simple but effective narrative that grows and grows I was utterly involved in this beautiful mechanical world.

The variety of the puzzles was impressive and I love that feeling that you'll never figure something out but eventually it clicks and you get a tremendous feeling of satisfaction. I would guess I finished the game in 6-8 hours and without any 'cheating' (just the occasional hint) but I'd be interested in how other people got on.

SPOILER ALERT

The only thing I found a bit 'odd' were moments such as the empty oil-can that you can kick (in the room after you escape), arcade machine 3 breaking down and the camera in the lift. They all initially appeared to be important/relevant but eventually proved not to be but maybe I just missed something? (And I guess you need a few misdirections in a point-and-click adventure.)

END OF SPOILER

Is there a mailing list where I can be kept up to date with future games from Amanita? I want to return to this world and to be in it for twice as long! (And for half the price...  Wink)

Thanks for this amazing game.
Kos
little robot

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 07:08:31 pm »

Good evening,

I pre-ordered this game in its opening pre-order, there is already a long time, knowing that I did not know much about him.

And now that I could play, I can tell, this game is perfect! The soundtrack, graphics, universe, atmosphere, everything is perfect and sublime. In addition, this game is mesmerizing.

The creator of this topic is quite right;

Machinarium is a Masterpiece.

Thank you to Amanita Design for this game that ranks alongside the best.

[Sorry for my bad english, i'm french ^^']

"I just don't fear death..."
divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 10:44:12 pm »

I love this game too  Grin

I'm not even good at point and click games, but this one (and the Samorosts) are wonderful!
Cirdain
little robot

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 10:49:59 pm »

From what I've played so far, I'm going to have to agree with how great this game really is. I'm trying my hardest not to use the guide but it's definitely been a great challenge.

And to james, 20 bucks for this game is perfect for how creative it is when you think about people paying $60 for games like Batman: Arkham Asylum which only offers 8 hours or so of gameplay that is so linear and shortlived. The flash environment served perfectly the ideas and arstyle portrayed here. I'm happy to pay for this game, and more than happy to recommend it to people I know who love great puzzle games.

Batman: Arkham Asylum was quite good as well. I personally thought machinarium was better but the name is a bitch to spell and ending was a bit... stop. But these are very minor complaints. I think that Eufloria will be 2nd for my personal indie game chart. This will be my first.
carlos
little robot

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 03:27:47 am »

i agree, a masterpiece,a beautiful journey into imagination and i dont regret the money spend it,its well worth it,nowadays everything is about which machine can stand the best technology in graphics,but machinarium touchs our heart,and make us smile and dream,an having fun,thats all about a game should do.

Wink Cheesy
izoong
citizen robot

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 03:43:00 am »

A game not in 3D ! if only there could be more of them
Much a do about nothing with the flash engine. When you master a technology, you can make arts.
Awaking game like this is so rare, thanx for reminding me I have a brain and a heart
Never forget this : this game is for every one, my dog seems to love it too, even if he play it on a PC.
Interest in point and clic game will never die. It's a master genre by itself.
Total art is when you can manage a vision on a project and have the process to accomplish it.
Amanita is still a little structure. hope this game will help them to grow a little further.

Peace.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: