Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:48 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug in the restaurant  (Read 13392 times)
WahWahGuitar
little robot

« on: June 30, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

Whenever I get to the restaurant to get the chicken, I can do anything, not even to exit that room, I can't click anything & I see the characters doing the stuff I'm supposed to do (they get on top of eachother & grab the chicken; also, I can see the feather guy grab the pepperskaher). What should I do? (is it normal every character in that room has a double behinds themselves doing things as well?)

PS. I forgot: because I can't exit I try to charge another level & I can't & I can't get to the options, I hace to close the game with alt+f4...

Mod Comment: I took the liberty of embedding your image as our forum's storage space is limited. ~A
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:18:11 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:19:50 pm »

What version of Windows are you using?

WahWahGuitar
little robot

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 05:39:18 am »

I'm using Windows Vista
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:31:39 pm by WahWahGuitar » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:04:03 am »

Now that I've thought about your problem a bit - and as this weird behavior only happens when you enter this particular level - I think this has nothing to do with the version of Windows you're running but could instead mean that your game file was corrupted during download.

I suggest that you try re-downloading and re-installing the game (making sure to save a copy of your prior download somewhere else... just in case)

WahWahGuitar
little robot

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:19:54 am »

thank you, I'll have to do that, just one question, if I re-download all the things I've done will be lost?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:24:32 am »

If memory serves, we've only had one thread about sharing/loading Botanicula saved games...  this one.
Apparently it worked out just fine.

So here's what you could try:

• from your Vista desktop hit F3 (file search?) and seek out your "BotaniculaSaves" folder
  • grab whichever file you think has your last saved position; slot1bin, slot2bin, etc. (I suppose you'd base that by date)
  • copy it (or all of them ~ just to be sure) off to some other folder for safe keeping
  • re-download and re-install Botanicula
  • copy your previous saved (slot#bin) games into your new "BotaniculaSaves" folder
  • cross your fingers and start up the new install...

Good luck and please follow up if this was the fix you needed.

masorost
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »

as far as I know, it was common bug in some versions of the game (including mine:), so amanita design even made some patch to fix it:)
WahWahGuitar
little robot

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:55:12 pm »

Alright, thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: