Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:35:14 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Short Review  (Read 8505 times)
james
citizen robot

« on: October 18, 2009, 05:16:53 am »

Well here is my two cents.

It's a decent game, very short, good generic storyline in which is decent. Personally I beat this game in a day. Probably around 4-6 hours of play. It's not that bad for $10 dollars (if I had paid that) but it's nothing special than a run of the mill over priced flash game at $20 dollars.

I personally liked most of the puzzles, although some of the puzzles did have some odd bugs, with the sliding pins near the end, i was able to get it where I couldn't move any pins and since there was no reset button, I had to reload the game. As well as with the owl, if you do the up and down motion too quickly the wire doesn't break, you have to do it in a succession in which the wire moves up and down according to flash physics, one of the worst physics engines out there.

Anyways, decent game. Not horrible but it was a bit short. I'd give it a 5/10 but it certainly could have been a 7/10 which on my scale most great and popular games are 7 or higher. Such as half-life is a 9/10 or Bioshock which is a 8.5/10. Just so you see where this game sits according to the scale.

Hope to see more releases from amanita design, hopefully you guys will get away from flash as well.
baize
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:32:14 am »

personally i loved the game. just finished it and would recommend it to anyone wanted something unique.
james
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:06:21 am »

The game that you have to play to see the guide when you get stuck is very tedious and boring, when you are stuck last thing you want to do is play another stupid mini game that makes no logical sense. That is why the game has sunk so low, that and some mundane details where just plainly overlooked. Animations were poor. Right click in general should have been disabled and an options menu created to adjust things. The ending of the game was very plain and climatic and honestly it didn't leave me wanting more in which it should, although I never expected it did for what the price is.
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:21:23 am »

I think the mini game to unlock the solution book is there to try and stop you from just looking at it with ease. so in a way it's probably supposed to be annoying/seemingly pointless to have to go through.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: