Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:09:32 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot resume or load saved games  (Read 10173 times)
Japansen
little robot

« on: August 19, 2012, 02:46:14 am »

Greetings all.  I've been playing this with my daughter, each of us on our own iPads. It's been great fun, but for the second time, I'm unable to resume my game or load a saved game.  Starting a new game works but the game hangs after clearing the first pane: a black screen with a single red pixel from the eye of the big robot in the trash pile is all. When loading games, the "Yes" option is just unresponsive, but I can "cancel".  Same for Resume.  Nothing happens when I touch it.

This happened before and I had to reinstall the game to get it to work.  We're a good ways into the game now (sunflower seed oil) and I don't want to start over, plus I'm worried it will happen again.

I don't always save and exit my games, sometimes just hitting the power key to sleep the iPad when I need to put it down. I don't know if that matters.  I have restarted the iPad to no positive effect.

Thank you
Japansen
little robot

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 04:22:25 am »

This has happened twice now.  I deleted and reinstalled the game the first time to get past it but don't want to have to do that again.

I can start a new game but it hangs after the first pane. The screen is all black with a single red pixel from the eye of the giant robot in the trash pile. 

Touching "resume game" has no response.

I can bring up the load game page but "yes" is unresponsive.  "Cancel" works.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:03:04 am »

Quote from: Japansen
...I don't always save and exit my games, sometimes just hitting the power key to sleep the iPad when I need to put it down. I don't know if that matters.

Yes, it matters.  Always save before you exit.  Not doing so and just powering down is probably what's corrupting your save slots.  

And, yes, the two posts you submitted are now merged into this single topic.  Here's were we'll be looking for your follow up posts.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:22:29 am by Alex » Logged
Japansen
little robot

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

Sorry about the duplicate posting. 

That's unfortunate that the game doesn't handle sleep so well.  At least I know what to do to avoid it in the future, should i decide to replay through to this point again.  Thanks for the reply.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »

Quote from: Japansen

That's unfortunate that the game doesn't handle sleep so well.

Yep, the iPAD port has it's "issues".  Yours, i think, was our first "sleep" question.  The most often addressed question has had to do with iPAD RAM limitations - and the main advice we've given has been to close all other applications while playing the game in order to maximize available memory.

Anyway, good luck to you and your daughter and remember to save before you quit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: