Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:05:04 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide before Posting  (Read 17646 times)
james
citizen robot

« on: October 18, 2009, 07:47:05 am »

I believe people should use the guide before posting. At least check it out, its a short but annoying game. Use the arrow keys and space bar to play it, it will be a lot easier.

I don't know what the officials think about this idea but I would think that the devs would want us to use something they implemented.

So please see the guide before posting.
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 10:04:33 am »

Yeah, it's been quite the s*** storm of back and forth "help me!" and "I got it!" posts ever since the game was released, hasn't it been though?! 
But there's no way to stop it.  Peoples is peoples.   Roll Eyes

divit
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 12:33:39 pm »

Yeah, but it isn't always that useful.
leanne
captain robot

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 02:59:55 pm »

yes, i have been lost in the forum since releasing, maybe there should be a special place for people to ask and pour their annoyance into words when they are stuck? to group it somehow Smiley
Genjin
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 03:05:43 pm »

What would help to organize are sub-forums Wink
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 05:00:02 pm »

"Hint and Tips" subsection would help a great deal here. Also maybe adding a [SOLVED] tag to the thread name once the problem has been resolved would also make things easier to manage. What do you think?
Genjin
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:53:08 pm »

That sounds good. You could also add a "Technical" subforum for Bug Reports and those "I have a problem with this resolution" threads, maybe?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 12:09:43 am »

A Q & A section has been added.

ivi
captain robot

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:59 am »

Also, make the search button big, red and blinking Grin
james
citizen robot

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 01:53:33 am »

I think if they made a website with the photographs of the guides so people didn't have to sit and play a tedious game, you would get less "HELP ME PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE" posts. In fact I know you would because I have been using pictures I saved of the guide to make sure most my answers are correct. Myself, thinking ahead saved all the guide pages that I opened after realizing that if you close it and want to view the same page you have to play the whole mini-game again. This deterrent is crap and just makes the experience worse for everyone. Specially after they made it so you can't hold down the space bar like it was in the demo.
Steedus
noble citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 02:32:18 am »

if you're talking about not being able to use the spacebar/keyboadrd to play the mini game, then that's not correct. I used the guide once and the keyboard worked fine. It takes about 30 seconds to get through. How does this one fact drag the game down so much as you keep saying? (see my reply to your review thread)
ivi
captain robot

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 02:51:39 am »

There's plenty of websites with screenshots of those walk-through pages.

A quick Google search came up with this one - http://baaka.freehostia.com/machinarium/index.htm
[Mod Comment: That page is gone.  But we have walk-through screen shots here on the forum.]

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:04:32 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: