Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:10:35 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy on Linus Mint and transfer on Windows XP  (Read 10857 times)
Nausicraaft
little robot

« on: October 10, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

Hello,

(Sorry for my english, I'm French, so I can make many faults...)

I've just a question: my parents don't want buy Botanicula on Windows and we have Linux Mint. I just want to know if I can buy the game on Linux Mint and transfer him and install him on Windows and how we do that?

Thanks,
Nausicraaft.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »

Quote from: Nausicraaft
I just want to know if I can buy the game on Linux Mint and transfer him and install him on Windows and how we do that?

Buy the "Download Version" of Botanicula then take the version you want.  Windows, Mac, Linux are all yours.  (if you later get a Windows or Mac machine you can download THOSE versions too!)    Smiley

Avec GOOGLE français: Acheter le "Download Version" de Botanicula puis prendre la version que vous voulez. Windows, Mac, Linux sont tous vôtre. (si plus tard vous obtenez une machine Windows ou Mac, vous pouvez télécharger ces versions aussi!)   Grin

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:18:10 am by Alex » Logged
Nausicraaft
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18:58 pm »

Thanks for your answer. So, for transfer it on Windows, I just make a copy from Linux? How work the DRM?

Thanks,
Nausicraaft.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:42:13 pm »

Quote from: Nausicraaft
So, for transfer it on Windows, I just make a copy from Linux? How work the DRM?

Amanita Design games are always DRM free and there will be no need to copy from Linux to Windows.

When you purchase Botanicula an email is sent to you with download links to the three separate versions available (Win/Mac/Linux).  Download all those files, save the Win and Mac installer files away some place for later use, and meantime load and play the Linux version on your current computer.

When you want to move to a Windows machine load and launch the Win installer you downloaded when you bought the game.

Ah... But the question of copying your Saved Games is another matter for another thread.  Come back and let us know when that time comes and we'll do what we can to help you then.  ;~)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:49:53 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: